Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Manhattan win without leading scorer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Manhattan win without leading scorer?

I took Manhattan -1 today before I read the articles on this site...now im wondering if I shouldnt go in and put 200 the other way so that I only lose the juice for my mistake...any opinions?

I don't think so... he was there #1... it's hard to replace 19 pts & 9 rbs per game...

Went with Fairfield (pick)... just my opinion.

gl!

~Ben
    "Life consists not in holding good cards, but playing those you hold well."
    ~Josh Billings

Comment

Also, here's what did without him last game:

Rider 75, Manhattan 56

Rider now = (6-11) and they thumped the Jaspers.

Here are the official CJ stats:

GMS MIN PTS REB AST
      16 37.3 18.8 9.4 3.9
      ~Josh Billings

Comment

dang i just took the loss...went with fairfield +1 as well...that is too bad...

Comment

It's over now and you made your choice, but my opinion on the subject is......

First, I NEVER would change a ticket (superstition)
          Secondly, I LOVE to play a team in their first game without the star player. The line was made knowing this and probably was over adjusted because people usually overreact to the injury.
          and Lastly....I truly believe the Jaspers will open their game up and play well....

PS I wish you well
          Remember the three R's:
          Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Don't you think for one second that the Books didn't already adjust that line to -1, instead of probably -11, because of the Star player being out.....I say Manhattan still covers the -1....kapt

GL to ya my man---stay the course---kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
              It's over now and you made your choice, but my opinion on the subject is......

First, I NEVER would change a ticket (superstition)
              Secondly, I LOVE to play a team in their first game without the star player. The line was made knowing this and probably was over adjusted because people usually overreact to the injury.
              and Lastly....I truly believe the Jaspers will open their game up and play well....

PS I wish you well
              This isn't their first game without the starter... it is the second... but considering how bad they tanked without him in the other game, I thought it was a good play... not looking so hot now, but oh well...

~Ben
              ~Josh Billings

Comment

Its about the glass folks- rebounds- Manhattan Rocks.
                "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

lets hope so...got em +2 this morning! good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by skeptiq
                    This isn't their first game without the starter... it is the second... but considering how bad they tanked without him in the other game, I thought it was a good play... not looking so hot now, but oh well...

~Ben
                    he was a late scratch so the line was not adjusted and the suspension wasn't anticipated.

If a scratch of that magnitude is made after the line is posted, and there is enough time before the game is played the line is taken off the board.......
                    Remember the three R's:
                    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Manhattan 74 Fairfield 69
                      "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Working...
                      X