East/West Shrine game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East/West Shrine game

any place i can find the rosters for this game?
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

East West Shrine Game Saturday at the Alamodome

America's original and premier college football all-star game, the East West Shrine Game, has moved its venue from San Francisco to the Alamodome here in San Antonio. The game kicks off Saturday at 3pm. The roster features some of the most talented players in the country, including a number of Texas natives and one of the leading rushers in the country.

Texas A&M Coach Dennis Franchione, who will lead the West Squad, will be working with a few familiar faces. Three Aggies, S Jaxson Appel, DL J ohnny Jolly, and QB Reggie McNeal, have all accepted invitations to play.

Other players on the West Squad include:

RB Taurean Henderson, a member of the explosive Texas Tech offense, set the NCAA record for the most passes caught by a running back this year.
    Washington State RB Jerome Harrison led the country with 1,900 yards rushing and was named All Pac-10. He was also a finalist for the Doak Walker Award, which recognizes the nation's top running back.
    Mike Hass, wide receiver from Oregon State, became the first player in Pac-10 history to record three 1,000-yard seasons and only the 10th in NCAA history, while leading the nation in receiving yards this year with 1,532 yards.
    RB DonTrell Moore of New Mexico, the Mountain West Conference Offensive Player of the Year, was tenth in the nation in rushing yards with 1298. Moore was a four year starter for the Lobos and finished his career with 4973 rushing yards and 51 touchdowns.
    The East team will be led by University of Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt and will feature talent from big name football programs like Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, and Louisiana State.

Players on the East Roster include:

Northwestern QB Brett Basanez led his team to a 7-4 finish while leading the Big Ten conference in total offense while coming in fifth in the nation with 3597 yards. Basanez was a Unitas Award finalist, was named to the Big Ten Conference first team and awarded Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year.
    WR Maurice Stovall has turned his career around with a breakout season for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. He finished the regular season with 60 receptions, 1023 yards, and 11 TDs, which is almost equal to his three previous seasons combined. He will be joined by teammates LB Brandon Hoyte and OL Dan Stevenson. They will join East Squad teammates K Josh Huston, S Nate Sally, LB Anthony Schlegel and OL Rob Sims, all of Ohio State. Huston was named first team All-Big Ten and was a finalist for the Lou Groza award.
    Wake Forest senior Ryan Plackemeier is an All-American punter and Ray Guy award winner. Plackemeier led the nation in both net punting and average per punt. He leads the NCAA all time with a career average of 45.26 yards per punt.
    Minnesota C Greg Eslinger won both the Outland Trophy for the top interior lineman in the country and the Rimington Trophy for the nation's top center.
    During its 80-year history, the East-West Shrine Game presented by AT&T has featured some of the most outstanding players in both college and pro football history. Fifty-seven East-West Shrine alumni are members of the NFL Hall of Fame and 230 are in the College Football Hall of Fame.

The Shrine Game has never been "just another football game." It is the Premier All-Star Game in America, and has a long history of distinguished players and coaches in the Game.

But that's not what makes it "Football's Finest Hour." What makes the Shrine Game so special is its true purpose - helping to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. Every year since 1925, the Shrine Game has been played to raise money and to help make the public aware of the expert orthopedic and burn care available, at NO cost, at all 22 Shriners Hospitals for Children.

To date, the game has raised more than $14 million for Shriners Hospitals and has helped inform millions of people about the mission of this extraordinary philanthropy. The Shrine represents many things: good times, camaraderie, and tradition. But what really binds together the more than 500,000 Shriners nationwide is an attitude of caring.

The East-West Shrine Game is proud to announce the selection of four NFL Hall of Famers who will be inducted into this year's East-West Shrine Hall of Fame. The players who will be recognized for their achievements are Raymond Berry, Joe Greene, Mike Haynes and Bob Lilly.

The players will be formally inducted as part of the East-West Shrine Game Players Award Banquet on Friday, January 20 at the Alamodome and then recognized during halftime of the game.

The East-West Shrine Game is the oldest collegiate all-star game in the country. The game is played to raise money and awareness for the 22 Shriner Hospitals, which provide orthopedic and burn care at no cost to children across the country. To date, the game has raised over $14 million and has treated over 750,000 children.

Comment

Check this out ..................

http://www.shrinegame.com/rosters.php

Comment

Nice Work Wayne..........can U Do Taxes 2?
        MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

2006 Hula Bowl rosters

http://www.hulabowlhawaii.com/news/2006Roster.doc
          Last edited by wayne1218; 01-21-2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

wayne 1218

Is that the entire roster for the West Hula Bowl; they have only one QB Gradkowski

If this is true I like the west, one qb gets all reps in practice doesn't have to worry about coming out of the game. Plus has whole game to get into a rhythm.

If I am looking at this wrong please advise me otherwise Please!!

Comment

waymac. Gradkowski is on the East roster with two other QB's. Tarvaris Jackson QB 6'3 221 Alabama State and Brett Basanez QB 6'2 210 Northwestern. Each team has three QB's.

Comment

wayne. Thanks. This is a great help. I remember back before the internet having to look in TV Guide where they would mention a couple of players for each team, always skill players. And that is all I had to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by waymac
                  wayne 1218

Is that the entire roster for the West Hula Bowl; they have only one QB Gradkowski

If this is true I like the west, one qb gets all reps in practice doesn't have to worry about coming out of the game. Plus has whole game to get into a rhythm.

If I am looking at this wrong please advise me otherwise Please!!
                  Something wasn't right with the East Roster so i left a different link. The East has Josh Betts and Brett Elliot at QB. The West has Brad Smith and Cody Hodges.

Comment

Originally posted by thesandman
                    waymac. Gradkowski is on the East roster with two other QB's. Tarvaris Jackson QB 6'3 221 Alabama State and Brett Basanez QB 6'2 210 Northwestern. Each team has three QB's.
                    He was talking Hula Bowl, NOT the Shrine game.

Comment

Working...
                    X