Friday baseball..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday baseball..........

The 5 STAR winning streak ended at 12 straight yesterday, with an 0-2 day (-9.95 units). Lets get rolling again today! These are my plays for Friday's action..........

5 STAR: Los Angeles (Perez)(-$155) OVER MILWAUKEE (RUSCH)

Los Angeles has dominated this series as of late. The Dodgers are 10-2 against the Brewers over the last three seasons. The Brewers are 1-11 as a home underdog of +125 or more this season, 6-17 in home games after scoring 8 runs or more over the last 3 seasons and 3-12 after a game where they hit 4 or more home runs over the last 3 seasons. Odalis Perez has had one career start against the Brewers, he went seven innings allowing just two runs in the win. Glendon Rusch has not had any success against the Dodgers. In three career starts Rusch is 0-3 with an ERA of 16.18, lasting about an average of three innings per start. Rusch is also 0-6 in home games after giving up 2 or more home runs in his last outing since 1997. Milwaukee is 1-7 in home games versus a starting pitcher whose ERA is 3.50 or better this season. Odalis Perez is 10-2 in road games when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons. This should all add up to a Dodger win.

3 STAR: St. Louis (Simontacchi)(-$125) OVER PITTSBURGH (TORRES)

The Cardinals lost 2 out of 3 at Houston, but St. Louis should be happy to be heading to Pittsburgh. The Cardinals are 13-4 at Pittsburgh the last three seasons. St. Louis is 3-0 in the three career games started by Jason Simontacchi against the Pirates. Simontacchi is also 9-2 versus teams averaging 2.75 or less extra base hits per game over the last 3 seasons. This is the first career start for the Pirates Salomon Torres against St. Louis, and I look for the Cards to due some damage against him. Torres has struggled recently, with an ERA of 6.75 in those starts. He is also 0-2 in his three home starts this season. The Pirates are just 2-9 versus teams whose hitters strike out 6 or less times per game this season. Look for the Red Birds to get the win here.

2 STAR: Florida (Penny)(+$120) OVER CINCINNATI (AUSTIN)

I like the Fish to get a win here against the Reds Jeff Austin who is 2-1 but has an ERA of 5.53. Penny has not pitched too bad, but he has not had much run support at all. The Marlins should be able to use their team speed to get the job done today. The Reds are only 2-10 in home games versus good base stealing teams that are averaging 0.85 or more steals per game over the last 3 seasons. The Reds are also only 6-16 in home games versus a National League starting pitcher whose ERA is 4.20 to 4.70 over the last 3 seasons and they are 41-60 at home as a favorite of -100 to -150 over the last 3 seasons. Florida is 21-11 after 3 straight losses against division rivals since 1997 and I look for them to get the win in this game.

2 STAR: Minnesota (Radke)(+$145) OVER SEATTLE (MOYER)

I really like the Twins in this spot. Minnesota has been playing very good baseball, they are 15-5 in the month of May, and they hit very well against Oakland's John Halama on Thursday. Tonight they face Jamie Moyer, who is very similar to Halama in that both pitchers are soft throwing lefties that rely on location. When Halama pitched for Seattle, then Mariners manager Lou Pinella would not start Moyer and Halama in back to back games against the same team because he thought it was an advantage for the other team seeing two pitchers with almost the same exact style in back to back games. The schedule sets up that situation for the Twins tonight. The Twins Brad Radke is 11-1 in May games over the last three seasons and the Twins are 6-1 in road games versus teams outscoring their opponents by 1 or more runs per game on the season this season. I like the Twinkies to take this one.

MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 37-16 (+48.65 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 48-50 (-5.49 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 35-30 (+19.81 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 15-17 (+0.32 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 135-113 (+63.29 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $6329.00

:D

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Good luck,
    John

Good luck on your plays tonight

doesn't it suck when there are no afternoon games

Comment

Nut

Agree Nut its nice to start the day out on the right foot winning a day game :D :D
      1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Homer good luck tonight

I hope i can turn my luck around

I have been slumping badly, but i guess its good news when you can go in a slump and still break even :D

Comment

Brad Penny isn't starting

Null and void?
          Jake Voskuhl has better hair than you.

Comment

Penny is not starting, but Florida is still a play for me tonight.

John
            Good luck,
            John

Comment

another 5 star hits

:D

Comment

St. Louis wins too!!

Nice call John!!

Comment

You da man, John

I hope Minnesota comes through for ya but if not, you are still the f-in man...well, you and Pickjockey. later

Comment

ReCap....

Thanks Jake, Minnesota did'nt get it done, but still back to winning tonight 3-1 (+8.4 units).

John
                    Good luck,
                    John

Comment

great winning night thank you again for the Five Star!

-Scott

Comment

Hell of a night!!!!!! Thanks for the winners.I just started his system and already am ahead!

Comment

Working...
                        X