Thursday baseball..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday baseball..........

A monster of a day on Wednesday going 4-0 (+14.5 units). We cashed in the Cardinals to make it 12 straight 5 STAR winners and 20 out of the last 22. Only two plays that I like on today's card, here they are..........

5 STAR: OAKLAND (HALAMA)(-$145) OVER Minnesota (Mays)

This line may seem a bit high, but for good reason. This is a very favorable pitching match up for the A's in this game. Joe Mays has struggled against the A's in the past, posting a 2-4 record with an ERA of 4.43. Oakland's starting pitcher John Halama has been outstanding against the Twins in the past. Halama is a career 5-0 against Minnesota with an ERA of just 2.56. John Halama is also 8-1 in home games versus teams who strand 6.9 or less runners on base per game since 1997 and he is 6-0 in home games versus teams whose hitters draw 3 walks or less per game since 1997. Oakland is 6-0 in home games versus a starting pitcher whose strikes out 3 or less batters per start this season and they are 12-2 at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season. Joe Mays is 11-19 in his career days starts and owns a 7.94 ERA in his three day starts this season, while John Halama is 17-6 in his last 23 day starts. Joe Mays is 1-7 as a road underdog of +125 to +175 over the last 3 seasons, while John Halama is 6-0 as a home favorite of -150 to -200 over the last 3 seasons. Look for Oakland to bounce back and get the win here, lay the wood.

2 STAR: Philadelphia (Padilla)(-$135) OVER NEW YORK (ASTACIO)

The Mets have not fared well in home day games over the past three seasons, posting a 26-42 record. Mets starting pitcher Pedro Astacio is only 8-22 when playing against a team with a winning record over the last three seasons. Astacio is only 5-4 in his career against the Phillies with a high ERA of 4.85. Vicente Padilla has struggled this season, but this might be a game where he gets back on track. Padilla is 2-0 against the Mets with an ERA of 2.82. Philly should get the win here.

MLB RECORD
    5 STAR RECORD 37-15 (+55.90 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 48-50 (-5.49 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 35-29 (+22.51 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 15-17 (+0.32 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 135-111 (+73.24 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $7324.00

:D

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Good luck,
    John

john

thanks for all the picks:D :tongue:
    keep up the hard work :smoking: :smoking:

Comment

awesome

EZ thanks cool I was looking at Oakland this morning and said to myself that should be a real good pick...

With you on it to I love it......

Good luck :D :D :D
      1 of 1 Morons

Comment

great run

thanks for the 5 STAR...............your making a lot of people a lot of money

the guys at the bar are all over your picks everyday:D

Comment

Be careful Nut

If your cook starts putting $25 on these games he may quit. He won't need the income from you anymore
          You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

I am not worried

he also bets my system plays so is losing there :D

Comment

Not looking good for the A's

This f*cking sucks.
              Jake Voskuhl has better hair than you.

Comment

ReCap....

Went down in flames today, going 0-2. The 5 STAR winning streak ended at 12 straight. I'll look to start another run tomorrow.

:angryfire

John
                Good luck,
                John

Comment

12 straight is frickin ridiculous anyhow. Can't wait for your play tomorrow, John. later
                  Jake Voskuhl has better hair than you.

Comment

You'll get them again tomorrow man..... keep up the nice pick'em
                    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Working...
                    X