horse betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horse betting

Does anyone in here bet on the horses.If you do I have a question!I don't know anything about horse betting.Can you make a single bet on a horse just to win?

bet on my herbie hes a winner just kidding coburg sure you can but ask joey i believe he is our horse expert

Comment

If so,what's you to keep from betting on every horse,especially the long shots.You would bet singly on the long shots and double on the favorites.No matter what horse won you would make a profit!

Comment

Depending on the win, it will not pay to do this. Let's say that you have 10 horses and 2 are favored at 2-1. You put $4 on both of these horses, that is a total of $8. Without getting into the odds of the other horses, you would lay $16 on all of them to win. This would make your total win bets to $24. Let's say the favorite comes in 1st and it pays $5. You win $10 becasue you had it twice.

$24 - 10 = $14 that you lost.

This strategy may work for you if you can throw out some horses and some long shots come in.
        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

What would you do with a horse that is not a favorite nor a long shot?

To answer your question, if you have say a horse that is 8-1 he will pay $ 8 for every $1 bet. if the horse is a 5-2 favorite it pays $5 for every $2 bet. Hope this helps

Comment

One other tip:

If you get the TVG racing channel, Matt Caruthers and Ken Rudolph know their stuff and usually get some nice prices on their selections.
            Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Working...
            X