Wednesday baseball........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday baseball........

Another winning day on Tuesday going 1-1 (+1.1 units). We cashed in the 11th straight (and 19 out of 21) 5 STAR winner with the Phillies. These are my plays for Wednesday.....

5 STAR: St. Louis (Williams)(-$130) OVER HOUSTON (MUNRO)

Houston native Woody Williams always pitches will against his home town team. Williams is 6-2 in his career against the Astros with an ERA of only 2.45 and holding Houston to a team batting average of only .216. Williams has cashed in six of his last seven teams starts in Houston. Road favorites with a money line of -125 or more that have a hot bullpen whose WHIP is under 1.250 the last 15 games, in May games are 101-34 over the last 5 seasons. Pete Munro is 0-2 when starting against St. Louis in his career with an ERA of 5.73 and both of those starts were against Woody Williams. Look for the Cards to get it done here!

3 STAR: NEW YORK (LEITER)(-$110) OVER Philadelphia (Wolf)

I look for Al Leiter to bounce back from his worst outing of the season in his last start against the Giants. Leiter is 7-0 after getting rocked for 7 or more runs last outing since 1997 and 7-1 after giving up 2 or more home runs last in his last outing over the last 3 seasons. Al Leiter is also 7-1 versus a National League team with a team batting average of .250 or worse over the last 3 seasons. Look for the Mets to take this one.

2 STAR: Minnesota (Rogers)(+$170) OVER OAKLAND (ZITO)

This is a good spot here for the Twins with Kenny Rogers facing off against Barry Zito. In five regular season starts against the Twins, Zito is 1-2 with a 5.97 ERA, his highest against any team. The Twins are 5-1 in road games after having won 3 of their last 4 games this season. Kenny Rogers is 8-2 in road games when working on 5 or 6 days rest over the last 3 seasons. I'll take a shot with the heavy underdog in this heated rivalry.

2 STAR: Kansas City (Ascenio)(+$155) OVER SEATTLE (GARCIA)

Royals starter Miguel Ascenio is 7-1 in his team starts this year. He is also 5-0 as a underdog this year. Mariners starter Freddy Garcia has a 6.11 ERA at home this year and a 5.36 ERA in 9 career starts versus KC. Seattle is also 1-6 when playing on Wednesday this season. The dog should bark in this one!

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Good luck,
    John

thanks John

wow

wayne, yourself, and me all have A STRONG PLAY on the Cards

thats great

:D :D

join us with the Padres:D
    Last edited by Baseball_Nut; 05-21-2003, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Looks good! I will put some money on the Padres.

Good luck,
      John
      Good luck,
      John

Comment

Thanks, John i like how we match up with the Cards and i think today that the Braves bounce back and get a win.

Comment

Let's bump this up to the top and let's keep it there so no one misses out!!!!!!

Keep up the great work ez!!!!!
          ST......
          DUFF sisters or OLSON sisters?

Comment

Pitching change for Kansas City, George will be the starter. I will still keep this a 2 Star play with the pitching change.

John
            Good luck,
            John

Comment

John

can i add one more system for today

there were 3 teams in good spot for today

Comment

betting teams on losing streaks

This is not a criticism, only an opinion from my watching sports and baseball for many many years:
                First of all I did not play San Diego or Milwaukee today.
                My feeling is that more times than not if you make a bet on a team on a losing streak, you will lose.
                In retrospect I realize that San Diego almost won on Monday and Tuesday and fell just short and did hit in each game, and therefore I can see where one would think that they might win today especially against a team like Milwaukee, which is not a world beater.
                If San Diego had been playing ok or even so-so, I could see the logic but not with a team on a 7 and now 8 game losing streak.
                The reason is that when a team loses when it could have and should won like was the case Monday or Tuesday, it means things and breaks are not going their way and no matter how close they come to winning, I personally think chasing them is not a prudent move, as chances are streak will continue.
                Teams sometimes are like stocks in the stock market;sometimes you need one good washout like was the case today before team can start any kind of uptrend or at least win a game.
                I am not saying SD will now go on a long winning streak, but since everyone will probably give up on them after today's rout, I might be tempted to start nibbling. jmho.
                ps you guys are great and have helped me;however, as stated,I feel I have followed baseball and sports enough years to offer an opinion here and there.

Comment

Nut.....

I have Florida posted for you. I like that play and Tipster is all over it also.

Good luck,
                  John
                  Good luck,
                  John

Comment

Awesome Picks Again

Awesome picks again John.

You are the man

:celebrate
                    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

ReCap....

A HUGE day today. 4-0 (+14.5 units). The Cardinals were the 12th straight 5 STAR winner and 20 out of 22! Cashed in two nice dogs with Minnesota and Kansas City and even the Mets scored a bottom of the ninth win! Hope everyone cashed in today!!!

:D

John
                      Good luck,
                      John

Comment

EZ...........

great day man, keep it up.
                        You can't get there from here..........

Comment

Great run John, keep it going!!
                          You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X