Sunday baseball..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday baseball..............

Another winning day on Saturday, 2-1 (+4.25 units). 5 STAR plays have now won 8 in a row and 16 of the last 18. These are my plays for Sunday..................

5 STAR: ST. LOUIS (SIMONTACCHI)(-$125) OVER Chicago (Estes)

I really like the match up here today for the Cardinals. After facing two hard throwing right handers in the first two games of this series, the Cards get a soft tossing lefty in Shawn Estes. St. Louis is 3-1 against lefties this season. The Cardinals have hammered the left handed starters to the tune of 9.5 runs per game and a batting average of .345! Shawn Estes is only 2-11 in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons. Estes is also only 7-21 as a road underdog of +100 to +150 since 1997 and he is 4-16 on the road when the total is 8.5 to 10 over the last 3 seasons. The Cardinals' Jason Simontacchi has struggled this season, but I look for him to pitch a good game here, he is 8-2 when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons. Look for the Cards to take this one.

2 STAR: Florida (Penny)(+$135) OVER LOS ANGELES (NOMO)

This is a good spot for the Marlins today. They have played the Dodgers very close in the first two games of this series and they have a very favorable match up today. Florida has owned Hideo Nomo. Since 1997, Nomo is 1-8 against the Marlins with a very hefty ERA of 6.30. Nomo is also only 1-3 at home this season. Look for the Fish to take this one.

2 STAR: Philadelphia (Millwood)(-$118) OVER HOUSTON (REDDING)

Kevin Millwood has pitched very well against the Astros, posting a 4-2 record with an ERA of just 2.98. In fact, Millwood has pitched very well against the whole NL Central where he is 15-3 over the last 3 seasons. He has also pitched very well on the road, where he is 23-8 over the last 3 seasons. Tim Redding has won three straight starts, but two of those wins were against Pittsburgh and the other against Florida. Redding usually pitches much better on the road than he does at home. I look for a strong performance by Kevin Millwood who is 14-4 on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.

MLB RECORD
    5 STAR RECORD 33-15 (+35.90 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 47-49 (-4.59 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 32-28 (+16.01 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 15-17 (+0.32 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 127-109 (+47.64 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $4764.00

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Good luck,
    John

I like your Picks today EZ

Question for you what do you think about Oakland's chances ?
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

John you sound like a broken record

you start all your posts with
      "ANOTHER WINNING DAY..........."

HAHAHAHAHAH:D :D :D

Keep those 5 STARS coming, cause i keep pounding them like Jason Kidd pounds his wife (I hope that wasnt too mean)

thanks
      nut:D

John has been delivering the cash

Comment

Thats a good one NUT.

1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Nut- I'm on your system play again today, I agree the Sox are in a nice spot here. They play is posted at my site.

Homer- I do think that the A's will get it done here, but $180 on the road is pretty damn high for Ted Lilly.

John
          Good luck,
          John

Comment

ez winners

Thank you for your 5 star play, I will be on it

Comment

Cards just broke it open......hope they will hold the lead
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

John

Thanks for another 5 star winner!

-Scott

Comment

ReCap.....

We cashed in again today, 2-1 (+5 units)! Hope everyone made some cash today!

:D

John
                  Good luck,
                  John

Comment

great job again John!!

I rode your other two as well as the STL pick I had as the play de jour!! Also got OAK In but the NYY creeps cost me ....CONGRATS AGAIN AND KEEP EM COMING!!! GoldV
                    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

GoldVike....

I know the Yanks are in a funk right now. Good luck tomorrow!!!

John
                      Good luck,
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X