Need some help with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with a question

I am still learning how to handicapp games. I have a couple of questions. Can someone explain to me what a round robin bet is? also, can someone explain to me the best way to handicapp college basketball. I have been following this site everyday for almost a month now. I look at the guys picks on here then I look at websites for statistics to try and learn what it is that ya'll see to make the picks that you do. I am new at this and am trying hard to learn. I want to wish everybody on here a Happy New Year and to Thank ya'll for all the help you give me. I have capped a few games on my own before I look on here and have done O.K., nothing to brag about but not losing my shirt. Thanks for any advise and help you can give me!!! I hope to be able to contribute to the forum soon instead of just taking.
    Every Man Dies, But Not Every Man Lives!!!

Record as of 1-30-06

NBA
    7-9-1 -2.5*
    CBB
    8-6 =2*

Each * = 25.00
    I am small time compared to most Gamblers!!
    But I play within my Limits!!

Damn newbies!!!! Nothing to contribute, but take,take, take. Post some plays pal!!! j/k Good luck and welcome!!!
    Pre-ban 1-0 (+1.00)
    Post ban 6-4 (+3.90)

Comment

If you like 3 teams, say Team A,B &C....

Play
      Team A with Team B
      Team A with Team C
      Team B with Team C

Comment

Originally posted by capperjohn1
        Damn newbies!!!! Nothing to contribute, but take,take, take. Post some plays pal!!! j/k Good luck and welcome!!!
        I hope you had a Nice Christmas Buddy :christmas

Comment

Welcome PatrickB,
          Good luck to you on all your plays.
          Round Robin Parlay is when you take 3 teams and put 'em in a round robin...you have 1 3-team parlay...3 2-team parlays and etc. with teasers.
          Handicapping basketball...all I suggest is that whatever you start out doing to handicap games...DO NOT CHANGE...keep it going for the marathon...it ain't no sprint...any person can pick games just as good as the next...we all are trying to beat the # and that is what it is about...welcome and good luck.

Eddie
          ...winning and grinning...

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will start posting my plays here soon. Wanted to get more confidence first.
            Every Man Dies, But Not Every Man Lives!!!

Record as of 1-30-06

NBA
            7-9-1 -2.5*
            CBB
            8-6 =2*

Each * = 25.00
            I am small time compared to most Gamblers!!
            But I play within my Limits!!

Comment

round robin explanation

a round robin bet is a play where you make 3 two team parlays using 3 different teams.

ex. team A, B, and C
              parlay-A and B, B and C, and A and C.

The advantage is if 2 of 3 hit you will pretty much break even, but if all 3 hit, its a nice payoff without risking as much, and dont loose as much on as you would on straight bets if none or just one hit.
              Another alternative i do is to back the 3 teams in the round robin with straight bets.

Comment

Working...
              X