a word about the Hornets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a word about the Hornets

FWIW and for reference in the near future, the OK City fans have really embraced the Hornets. Hornets always seem to feed off the crowd energy at the Ford Center. Last night against the Spurs, the Ford Center was host to the largest crowd in its brief history, 19,000+ and standing room only. I had the Spurs, like a dumbass. They are the world champions. It's not like the Hornets are championship contenders. But they usually play well in OK City home games this year.

Yes they do. Was it the first game you have been to garth?

Comment

I wasn't there, kb. I have tickets to a Hornets/Suns game in March. But I haven't been yet. When the single-game tickets to the first 10 OKC games went on sale, I got online right away and all I could find were tickets up in the rafters....so I didn't buy at the time. Later got tickets to the March game and I'll be in a section where they have to issue oxygen but it will be fun to go to a game. I'll try and go at least one other time this season.
      Last edited by garth; 12-19-2005, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I have been to the opening night game against Sacramento, and a couple weeks ago against Boston. Opening night was unreal how loud that place was. Boston kind of jumped on them in the other game though and the crowd never really got into it as Boston controlled most of the game. It is definitely a good time though.

Comment

I was at the OKC/SA game last night and it was amazing! The crowd was into the game the whole time and the team really fed off the emotion. Duncan didnt seem to be trying but that is besides the point. I sat in the "rafters" and let me tell you. There is not a bad seat in the Ford Center. I could see all the action and the players weren't little dots. Anyway, it was an awesome experience. Tickets up there are only like 25 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by garth
            FWIW and for reference in the near future, the OK City fans have really embraced the Hornets. Hornets always seem to feed off the crowd energy at the Ford Center. Last night against the Spurs, the Ford Center was host to the largest crowd in its brief history, 19,000+ and standing room only. I had the Spurs, like a dumbass. They are the world champions. It's not like the Hornets are championship contenders. But they usually play well in OK City home games this year.

That was actually 85 words not 1

sincerely,
            KBsooner

just kidding...good point.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
              That was actually 85 words not 1

sincerely,
              KBsooner

just kidding...good point.
              haha. Thanks, Rook aka kbsooner...I'm always open to a little constructive critique. My word count utility must be on the blink.

Comment

Originally posted by captcane
                I was at the OKC/SA game last night and it was amazing! The crowd was into the game the whole time and the team really fed off the emotion. Duncan didnt seem to be trying but that is besides the point. I sat in the "rafters" and let me tell you. There is not a bad seat in the Ford Center. I could see all the action and the players weren't little dots. Anyway, it was an awesome experience. Tickets up there are only like 25 bucks.
                My wife actually found them somewhere online for $10 apiece. What a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by garth
                  haha. Thanks, Rook aka kbsooner...I'm always open to a little constructive critique. My word count utility must be on the blink.

glad you caught the humor.

You brought up a very good point though....great post.

Comment

They are actually doing a deal right now where you can get four tickets (upper deck), four hot dogs, four cokes, and some hornets gear for 44 dollars. Not sure how long that deal is going.

Comment

what a game, we sat @ sect 223 row A
                      Center Court Club Level 1st row
                      An early christmas present for dad
                      Couldn't find tickets until Friday night online
                      must have been returned seats by the spurs because we were right in the middle of their fans.
                      Dad used to stand-in score keep for the spurs in '73 thru '76 so he had a great time talking with their people about the old days.
                      I played 2nd half over 90 on a call-in on my off shore and sweated that one out.
                      updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                      NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Bill, those club level seats are the only way to go! Whiskey all night during the game. Whooohoooo

Comment

Working...
                        X