vick is SO overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vick is SO overrated

After watching Vick suck tonight, and I thought he may be able to do better than some of the others against the awesome bears "d" due to his elusiveness, i've just got to say how OVERRATED he is. he can run...but as a throwing qb, he sucks. his fundamentals, setting up, setting his feet, etc....are brutal. at some point, i think someone should take a good, hard look at putting a few pounds on him and making him a running back. I think he could be good in that position. i get such a kick out of all the brett favre bashing that's been going on. take a look at some of the qb performances today in the nfl. he's still better than all but maybe 8-10 in the league.

that bears d is unreal... period....

vick is a good qb, not a great one. his legs and running abiliity come with the whole package that makes him a good qb. if he didnt have the running ability, he wouldnt even be in the league.
    Thank you Ryan Howard! <--- ITS A WINNER!

2012 CFB: 3-7
    2012 NFL: 3-3

Comment

I guess my big thing with him is that he is no better now that when he first came into the league. I think he's actually regressed because he doesn't take off and run like he used to, which is his only strength. I just don't think he will ever be able to take a team to a championship contender level. I wonder if anyone would consider trying him at running back? I doubt it, but I wonder how much more Atlanta is going to be willing to invest in him?

Comment

Originally posted by threeputt
        After watching Vick suck tonight, and I thought he may be able to do better than some of the others against the awesome bears "d" due to his elusiveness, i've just got to say how OVERRATED he is. he can run...but as a throwing qb, he sucks. his fundamentals, setting up, setting his feet, etc....are brutal. at some point, i think someone should take a good, hard look at putting a few pounds on him and making him a running back. I think he could be good in that position. i get such a kick out of all the brett favre bashing that's been going on. take a look at some of the qb performances today in the nfl. he's still better than all but maybe 8-10 in the league.

He's terrible......In games he's started the team is something like 37-17-1. That's just horrendous. Get a clue.
        It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Originally posted by threeputt
          I wonder if anyone would consider trying him at running back? I doubt it, but I wonder how much more Atlanta is going to be willing to invest in him?
          I think he's too brittle to be a running back.

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Originally posted by griffey_mojo
            I think i'm making a mcgrittle now.

did someone say something about food??
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
              did someone say something about food??

BWHAHHAHA!!!!!:christmas :christmas

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

VICK is not a bad QB get off the bandwagon of Vick bashing.The falcons have won a ton of games as a starter.Saw a stat i think last week that Vick's winning % is right up there with peyton and Farve as a careear.So lay off the man.He does what he needs for the team to win.Of course he cant throw for 250 and 3td's every week like Peyton.But oh well Peyton cant run for 75 every week.Get a clue
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

manning is overrated
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I'll admit he has a good record, but that also has something to do with their running game, which I know he's a big part of, and a pretty good defense. I think the league has started to figure him out....that he cannot beat you throwing the ball. We'll see how it all plays out, but I think we've seen the best he has. If he doesn't improve as a passer, wouldn't it make sense to try him in a position he's at his best...running the ball, all the time? I'm not saying he's among the worst qb's, but I get so tired of hearing how great he is.

Comment

The other thing I don't understand is why they don't run more bootlegs with the run/throw option. That is where he is at his best and puts the most pressure on the defense. Opposing defenses love to see him just sit in the pocket and try to beat them with his reads and arm.

Comment

vick is a flashy rotethlisberger type, depend on strong running, defense and special teams and manage the game, when atlanta's playing well vick doesn't need to win the games for them. he's capable to a degree, but if atlanta's other strengths erode and he loses a step on his quickness, very likely with all his injuries he'll quickly become a liability.

as for how long atlanta will stick with him, with his huge contract, they're closer than brothers.
                        boxing 7-3 +12.95 units

Comment

overpaid but still young enough to improve too bad he cant be a steve young type qb n roll out when he needs too
                          OVERALL OPINONS 1ST 2 WEEKS 136-121-52.9%
                          NBA 98-97 TOTALS 54-44 SPREADS 44-53 THRU 12/4
                          NFL 38-24 TOTALS 19-13 SPREADS 19-11 THRU 12/4

NEED 2 MAKE SOME G'S BAD N GET OUT OF THIS RUT

dont call my p.o.

Comment

It's amazing to me that the media still discusses who got the better of the Falcons/Chargers draft pick trade of four years ago. Not only did the Chargers get the much better QB in the second round (Brees), but they also ended up with the best running back in the NFL in the first round. I don't understand how this is even debatable.
                            With all that said, his only real threat is his tight end. His young receivers are OK, but until he gets some kind of go-to guy, I think it is hard to grade his passing skills.
                            Records:

NCAA Hoops (38-34-2, +4.59*)
                            NFL Sides (34-25, +12.15*)
                            NFL Totals (18-14-1, +8.23*)
                            NCAA Foots Plays (65-48-4, +21.47*)
                            NBA Plays (4-1-0, +5.92*)

Comment

soon larry johnson is gonna be the best in nfl but ur rite chargers easily got the beter of that deal, this west coast offense doesnt seem to be working for vick if thats what they call it why not try and sign a game breaking wr n open it up
                              OVERALL OPINONS 1ST 2 WEEKS 136-121-52.9%
                              NBA 98-97 TOTALS 54-44 SPREADS 44-53 THRU 12/4
                              NFL 38-24 TOTALS 19-13 SPREADS 19-11 THRU 12/4

NEED 2 MAKE SOME G'S BAD N GET OUT OF THIS RUT

dont call my p.o.

Comment

Working...
                              X