Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on my High School Football Team..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my High School Football Team..

This is the high school I attendend.. They were on ESPN thier 1st game of the season against a team from Florida.. Hoover High School.. Here is an update on the team as they prepare for the 6A state Championship...

Hoover in state title game for sixth consecutive season
    Saturday, November 26, 2005
    CHRIS KIEFFER
    News staff writer
    Hoover coach Rush Propst didn't like the pace. So he shifted his Bucs into overdrive and they responded with a 28-7 win over Class 6A Region 6 rival Oak Mountain in the state semifinals at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium.

The Bucs (13-1) advance to their sixth consecutive state championship game, where they will play Daphne (13-1) at Legion Field on Dec. 3 at 3 p.m.

Hoover has won three straight state championships and four of the past five, that one loss being in the final to Daphne in 2001. Hoover beat the Trojans in 2000 and 2003 in the final.

Oak Mountain ends its best season in school history at 10-4. Two of the four losses were to Hoover.

The two teams combined for just three first downs in a sluggish first quarter before Hoover decided to speed things up and take just a couple of seconds between plays. It worked, as both of the Bucs second-quarter possessions went for touchdowns.

"I thought our NASCAR, Indy-pace, fast-paced stuff really helped us a lot," Propst said. "We got it to some playmakers when we had to."

Hoover offensive lineman Bryan Morgan said the Bucs were calling plays so quickly that he could barely keep up.

"I was about out of breath," Morgan said. "We just had to keep on playing. We're pushed to do it because we practice it all the time. We were just trying to hurry up so they didn't have time to set up."

In fact, Hoover quarterback Ross Wilson passed for 119 of his 169 first-half yards in the final seven minutes of the half.

Wilson's fourth completion of the game was an 11-yard touchdown pass to Michael Hall that scored the game's first points with 4:42 left in the half. Four minutes later, he hit Dennis King on a screen, and King ran 34 yards to give the Bucs a commanding 14-0 lead in a defensive struggle.

Nice...I watched the #1 ranked High School team last week & will watch them again next Saturday...I think this football team would beat Kent St, Buff or any of the other bottom feeders in CFB...LOL

I can see why they are ranked #1 in the country.
    FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

Originally posted by vinnyvegas
      Nice...I watched the #1 ranked High School team last week & will watch them again next Saturday...I think this football team would beat Kent St, Buff or any of the other bottom feeders in CFB...LOL

I can see why they are ranked #1 in the country.
      Hoover started the season ranked 3rd in the country but lost in the regular season by a fg.. Needless to say they met the same team last week that beat them in the regular season and beat them 42-8 lol.. Last time i checked Hoover was ranked 9th in the country..

Comment

Working...
      X