Which achievement is more impressive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which achievement is more impressive?

Cal Ripkens, streak began on May 30, 1982 and ended September 20, 1998.

Favre made his first start on September 27, 1992. The streak is still active.

This is very tough. Football is far more dangerous than baseball. However, in baseball they play 162 games over 6 months. To do so for 17 seasons is amazing.

That being said I voted for Favre. A QB streak that long is more impressive.
    Cal Ripkens of 2,632 consecutive games played?
    43.33%
    Brett Favre consecutive starting streak of 235 games?
    56.67%

The poll is expired.

i had to go with Ripken. Imagine never missing a game for any reason? Not for being sick, not getting hurt. Unreal

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
      i had to go with Ripken. Imagine never missing a game for any reason? Not for being sick, not getting hurt. Unreal
      Ripken's streak is very impressive. However, a NFL QB is such a violent position.

Comment

I have to go with Ripken.

Farve has a greater chance of injury, but Ripken's numbers are just too amazing not to vote for him.
        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Looks like they go to the same barber.

Both remarkable. Football is so violent, especially at the
          Quarterback position. My vote is for Farve.

p.s. Brett made the movie There's Someting about Mary a box office hit!!!! I don't know how he memorized all those lines in that movie.

dEaNo

Comment

Favre as there were many times Ripken came in for 1 inning to keep the streak alive.

Comment

49-4

Seriously - they are both unbelievable! I am just glad I have seen both.
              2010 One play a day record
              22-19-1 51%
              +0.74 units
              Passes: 7 days
              Streak: L2

Comment

to this point it's only 9 votes. The voting is close. I figured it would. Both streaks are very impressive.

My vote would really be

1 and
                1A

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                  Ripken's streak is very impressive. However, a NFL QB is such a violent position.
                  What about a guy trying to break up a double play with his spikes up or a roger Clemons fastball aimed at your head or your hands. then there is dealing with a catcher blocking home plate or those little bench clearing incidents
                  Or the balls that get fouled off your foot or your knee and the old turf they had in places like seatle or toronto

I think a baseball player has as many opportunities to get hurt in 162 games as a qb does in 16

Comment

Originally posted by bobw45
                    What about a guy trying to break up a double play with his spikes up or a roger Clemons fastball aimed at your head or your hands. then there is dealing with a catcher blocking home plate or those little bench clearing incidents
                    Or the balls that get fouled off your foot or your knee and the old turf they had in places like seatle or toronto

I think a baseball player has as many opportunities to get hurt in 162 games as a qb does in 16
                    In no way am I deeming Ripkens streak. However, one would have to think there are far more injuries in football than baseball. That's why they only play 16 games and only once each week.

Comment

Favre's record possibly could never be beat

Comment

I am not an expert on stats but I think that you will find that a higher percentage of shortstops end up on the disabled list each year than starting quarterbacks. A lot of football injuries are to lineman and running backs

But Farve has taken some awesome hits and gotten up

Comment

gotta go with Favre, I admit I am a little biased here but......
                          As a QB you have 4, 5, 6, 7 people gunning at your head every pass play of a game. Not to mention, Favre has never been put in to take a snap to keep his streak alive. He's played through a broken thumb along with many other injuries that probably would have sidelined others.

Comment

I think both are good choices. This is a tough decision. With that said I'd like to add an option C

C:

Spark being 156 yrs old and still living.
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by bobw45
                              I think that you will find that a higher percentage of shortstops end up on the disabled list each year than starting quarterbacks.
                              I have to disagree. I'd be very surprised if that was true.

Comment

Working...
                              X