NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Season

Question for you guys who feel that they are good at capping the NBA. Feel that I do an alright job capping, but could always use help. I see a trend, particularly in the NBA, in which a team who you thinks will cover (either way) will often come out flat and not even come close to covering. Is it motivation, being tired, not jacked up?

My question is this: During the season is there anyway to consistently figure out if a team is going to show? Long road trip? Back to back games? Low motivation?

What kind of trends do you look for on a day to day basis?

Thanks for any help
    Fight, Devils Down The Field. Fight With Your Might And Don't Ever Yield.

I think wayne had a sysytem on teams that went form the east to the west coast or west to east last year that did pretty well. Dont know if he will do it again this year or not.

Comment

celtics usually lose 2nd game of back to back
      Don't be afraid

Comment

i was going to ask same question anyone know who caps the best or do you have last years cappers nba record?
        OVERALL OPINONS 1ST 2 WEEKS 136-121-52.9%
        NBA 98-97 TOTALS 54-44 SPREADS 44-53 THRU 12/4
        NFL 38-24 TOTALS 19-13 SPREADS 19-11 THRU 12/4

NEED 2 MAKE SOME G'S BAD N GET OUT OF THIS RUT

dont call my p.o.

Comment

Originally posted by SundevilSam
          My question is this: During the season is there anyway to consistently figure out if a team is going to show? Long road trip? Back to back games? Low motivation?
          If we knew the answer to that question we'd be rich. IMO the NBA is the easiest sport to cap. Teams play 2 or 3 times each week. It's easy to get a handle on hot and cold teams.

There are games when playing on a team on the back end of a back-to-back is profitable. Unrested teams do well against well rested teams. Rest teams are often flat.

Years ago, Playing against teams playing their 4th road game in 5 nights was a great system. It no longer is. Vegas has made adjustments. The home team now lays more points.

GL this season.

Comment

Originally posted by soupman
            celtics usually lose 2nd game of back to back
            Very true. Especially if the first game was on the road.

That being said. Like most team trends over time they even out. Last season Boston was 7-7 on the back end.
            Last edited by frankb03; 11-01-2005, 02:27 PM.

Comment

i see no way the hornets win tonight...thinking of laying the ridiculous -340 win number on the kings...any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by theasterisk
                i see no way the hornets win tonight...thinking of laying the ridiculous -340 win number on the kings...any thoughts?
                I'd never lay -340 on the road. Especially the first game of the season. We don't really know what to expect.

Comment

Lay the points or parlay it with another team or two. I'd parlay it with Philly before I play them alone at -340.

That being said I don't play ML or parlays in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by therealdeal
                    i was going to ask same question anyone know who caps the best or do you have last years cappers nba record?
                    Follow FranB, and Wayne 1218--- both consistent---when they agree on a game---double up---when they differ--lay off---kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

thats why i havent jumped on it, just dont know what to expect especially since bibby and peja have shot terrible all pre-season....i think philly's in for a rough year too...webber is banged up...and he doesnt fit in with their offense...

Comment

Frank and Wayne are on Sac tonight I heard
                        TO BET OR NOT TO BET THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

bibby and peja have shot terrible all pre-season
                          I put very little weight on what happens in the pre-season.

Comment

Working...
                          X