Question / World Series Stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question / World Series Stat

Can somebody tell me why the White Sox were holding up four fingers last night? I first noticed it when Geoff Blum hit the HR and then saw it numerous times after that.
    I cant begin to believe it would indicate a four game sweep. I am wondering if anybody else notices this and might have heard what is sympolized?

Many of you have probably seen this by now but there have been 21 WS series were one team got out to a 3-0 start. In 18 of those 21 instances the series was wrapped up in the fourth game. I hope that helps somebody...
    "MONEY WON IS TWICE AS SWEET AS MONEY EARNED!"

Yes, they meant sweep

Comment

I should say that is the talk of the town here .. is that they meant a 4 game series

Comment

Mod!

That is very interesting, I find that it hard to believe that the team would have the audacity to start talking sweep obviously before game 3 was even close to over. They must have had some discussion to come up with this symbol. The first time I saw it was as soon as Blum's HR left the yard...

You are obviously in the know being out there! Thanks and BOL!!!

Comment

Touch em' ALL...4 bases...

But Spark is probably more correct...though I'd find it real hard to believe that they'd be thinking that...one game at a time, blah, blah, blah...

Could also be similar to how footballers hold up 4 for 4th qtr...finish strong in last quarter...LAST INNING...and game over.

I lean to 4 bases...HR

GL
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

Originally posted by vinnyvegas
            Touch em' ALL...4 bases...

But Spark is probably more correct...though I'd find it real hard to believe that they'd be thinking that...one game at a time, blah, blah, blah...

Could also be similar to how footballers hold up 4 for 4th qtr...finish strong in last quarter...LAST INNING...and game over.

I lean to 4 bases...HR

GL
            That is the arguement here vinny .,.. I am sure the true story will come out later today ...

Comment

good thought Vinny. I think the 4 qtr. reference is the most logical idea I have heard yet...

Comment

But really who knows cause you can not understand Ozzie Guillen so he is always making those type of motions ...

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
                  But really who knows cause you can not understand Ozzie Guillen so he is always making those type of motions ...
                  and I thought I was the only one who coulnd't understand Ozzie. LOL

Spark, congrats on 17k. your next post

Comment

frank, my 300th is coming up...where's the LOVE...LOL

And to think some wanted Ozzie's HEAD...guys a GENIUS, that's why we can't understand his EngWish...haaaaaaa

TOUCH EM ALL...
                    FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

Originally posted by vinnyvegas
                      frank, my 300th is coming up...where's the LOVE...LOL

And to think some wanted Ozzie's HEAD...guys a GENIUS, that's why we can't understand his EngWish...haaaaaaa

TOUCH EM ALL...
                      Of course Ozzie's players love him. They have no idea what he says to them. LMAO

Comment

i think it was more a symbol for four victories...that's what it takes to win the world series...i doubt that they were arrogantly flaunting a sweep one game too soon.

Comment

Block!

That makes the most sense I have hear thus far!

I think OZZIE is a GREAT coach not a good one. I remember about a week ago some Cubs fan said the last man they would want to skipper their club is someone who gets in the way like Ozzie...
                          I love how he isnt afraid to go against "the book" and doesnt care about the ramifications of what the media might say.

His players LOVE him and play very hard for him. though I dont think he would be great for my beloved pinstripes I think he deserves a bunch of credit for what he has accomplished thus far in his brief career as a manager!!!

Comment

The 4 means Blum is part of the "Group Four" (the scrubs)...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/world...spt-jay26.html

Comment

Originally posted by sasage69
                              The 4 means Blum is part of the "Group Four" (the scrubs)...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/world...spt-jay26.html
                              The truth finally comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X