And the Superbowl Winner is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Superbowl Winner is...

...no surprise here...the COLTS. Against who? According to my Current Power Ratings, it'll be the Seahawks after they take out the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game. The Colts advance by beating the Bengals...

Here’s what my current Power Ratings project for the Playoff picture after Six Weeks.

The ratings factor in 15 key Statistical Categories and Strength of Schedule. Last Season after Six Weeks the Program projected a Philadelphia win over the Patriots. Both teams went on to go to the SB, but Philly lost (although they did Cover).

Here are the Teams with their (NFL Rank) along with some notables that would miss the Playoffs due to the Playoff structure (e.g., the NFC North Champ getting in ahead of, say, the Panthers, etc.)

AFC EAST: BILLS (19)
    AFC WEST: CHARGERS (9)
    AFC NORTH: BENGALS (3) Bye
    AFC SOUTH: COLTS (1) Bye, Home Field

AFC WILDCARDS: STEELERS (6), JAGUARS (8)

NFC EAST: COWBOYS (4) Bye
    NFC WEST: SEAHAWKS (2) Bye, Home Field
    NFC NORTH: BEARS (14)
    NFC SOUTH: BUCS (5)

NFC: WILD CARDS: REDSKINS (7), EAGLES (11)

***MISS PLAYOFFS: BRONCOS (10), PANTHERS (12), FALCONS (16), CHIEFS (17), PATRIOTS (20)

ROUND ONE:

STEELERS (-4.5)
    BILLS

JAGS
    CHARGERS (-3.0)

REDSKINS (-2.5)
    BEARS

EAGLES
    BUCS (-7.5)

ROUND TWO:

CHARGERS
    COLTS (-7.5)

STEELERS
    BENGALS (-5.5)

REDSKINS
    SEAHAWKS (-6.0)

BUCS
    COWBOYS (-4.0)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS:

BENGALS
    COLTS (-3.5)

COWBOYS
    SEAHAWKS (-4.0)

SUPERBOWL:

SEAHAWKS
    COLTS (PK) (Winner)

Using Raw Power Ratings and not factoring in Strength of Schedule affects the Playoff Picture very little. A couple home field differences and slightly different lines, but all the same teams make it in except one. All the division winners remain the same, but the Jags miss out while the Broncos take their place as a Wild Card. In the end, the Superbowl still has the Colts favored to win over the Seahawks as a 1-pt fave (-1.10 over and against -0.30, or PK, when using strength of schedule).

Woohoo! The Seahawks make it to the Superbowl!!! I'll take it... even if it is only based on Dave's power rankings.
    Control what you can control...

Comment

Bengals Make it to the Conference Finals.. Woohoo

Don't let marty see this

GL Dave and thanks for the information
      1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Yeah the Bungles one caught me off guard too. Heck, I thought they were just winning on enthusiasm and a few lucky breaks. Hey man, these guys are playing sound football...

Comment

I'm a monkey's uncle if the Falcons don't make the playoffs and the Redskins do. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
            I'm a monkey's uncle if the Falcons don't make the playoffs and the Redskins do. No way.
            Hi Monkey Uncle Weiner!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
              Hi Monkey Uncle Weiner!
              You can call me that, when the Redskins, yea right, make the playoffs over the Falcons

Comment

I agree. The Colts are the team to beat.

Comment

whohoooo who dey makes the play offs dream come true lol
                  rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                    I agree. The Colts are the team to beat.
                    I think the Colts win the Superbowl this year, I thought so at the beginning of the year, and played it at 8-1, but wow, they really could be playing better. They actually don't look nearly as good as they did last year on offense, but their D is really good now. Corey Simon was a huge pick up.

Comment

i think pitt has a shot...it sure seems up for grabs right now

Comment

Originally posted by vonwater11
                        i think pitt has a shot...it sure seems up for grabs right now
                        Just my opinion, but if the Colts get homefield, and Pitt has to play them in Indy, I don't think they have a very good chance, if it's in Pitt. maybe.

Comment

Yeah it's just numbers. I doubt the Jags make it ahead of the Broncos, and I don't see the Panthers missing the Playoffs. But, you never know. Last Season's projections after Six Weeks were correct on ten out of 12 counts. Probably about the same here with Broncons and Birds or Panthers making it in.

:christmas

Comment

Damn Dave, you ruined it for me, I hadn't seen the whole thing yet!
                            2010 One play a day record
                            22-19-1 51%
                            +0.74 units
                            Passes: 7 days
                            Streak: L2

Comment

Working...
                            X