Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemphisMafia

MemphisMafia,

I had planned to respond to your first post regarding the fellas’ use of expletives and their maturity level, however, due to job and family, felt I had let too much time elapse. Now after reading the second round feel I must. I don’t often post as I am more of a lurker and, as a novice to the world of sports handicapping, feel that my insights would not be beneficial to those with more experience than myself. I too am of the female gender and older than many of the members of this forum. Having said that, I must say that it is my opinion that sports betting is, as a general rule, a male dominated setting and feel that the men on this forum welcome the few women members with open arms. Yes, they swear, tell crude jokes, and post questionable pictures, however, it could be worse. There are many male dominated organizations that would never accepted a woman, nor would they accept their opinions as helpful or even relevant. We are not only accepted within this male dominated site, but are respected for our handicapping opinions. As the girlfriend of a sports bettor I hear and see a lot of things and feel it just comes with the territory. This is their world and believe that this is their outlet for being “boys.” I know these guys are gentlemen at heart and would never act, talk, or behave the same way they do here in front of wives, mothers, daughters, etc. Just my opinion, but, let them be, let them swear if they want to, let them tell off-color jokes, let them post their pictures, and if it offends you, don’t look.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

Well said, It's all in fun!

the hammer

Comment

VickieD

I have taken in to account all that you have said and agree with 99% of it [ 1% fear factor] , and I do not intend to act as a den-mother here , my days of child monitoring are over !

I would like to thank you for your insight and opinions as they are right in line with mine [for the most part] but I do have to slip a micky in here and say that I have very strict criterions for wagering and at the top of that list is " discipline " without it you will ultimately fail at this , and hanging around failures is not my bag !

That being said , you could have not been more on the money about the maleness of this end of the bizz and chest thumping [ouch] gains one nothing but fleeting glory . Its also very nice to know that you cared to impart your wisdom with me , and I look forward to more of your ideas in the future ?

I would also let you know that in my camp this was a dead horse already , If and when I had decided to post or share with anyone in here it will be of my own choosing , there by I know that my eyes or mentality does not have to put up with wasting my time on such [that does not pretain to the matter at hand]

I am , very , very , serious about my money , and my ability to keep it !

It`s been great and hope we can exchange more later !

G.L. & G.B.

***MMM***
      p.s. - at the very least now , my position is known ?

" The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Once again I felt the need to respond to your post. I’m not sure what you are referring to when you say 1% fear factor, but that aside, I don’t believe anyone has requested that you act as den-mother to these grown men. I believe that we all have strict criterions for wagering, however, without bringing some fun into the mix this would become just another job. I don’t believe that just because some of the members of this forum have a little fun with their handicapping is any indication of their lack of seriousness, discipline, successes or “failures.” You are right in stating that chest thumping “gains one nothing but fleeting glory,” but don’t we all thump our chests in some way to one degree or another, some are just more verbal than others. In my opinion the men on this forum are quite intelligent and knowledgeable on the topic of sports and sports/handicapping and the innocent fun and banter they trade should in no way diminish their skills. I am sure they are also “very very serious” about their money and their ability to not only keep it, but to increase its quantity.
        There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

Comment

Vickie D,
          as Dickie V would say, "YOU'RE AWSOME BABY"

Trap, You've got a keeper.

Comment

YES VICKIE D I HAVE TO AGREE YOU PUT THAT QUITE WELL. :cool:

Comment

Dec 1 , 1969

a very interesting date around here , interesting indeed ?

Seems to be a rash of folks born on that date around here , odds are very high on that ?

Good Day to you !

Alls well that ends that way !
              :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused

There is one thing I can control from my end and in one word ;

"Ignore"
              Last edited by MemphisMafia; 04-30-2003, 02:07 PM.
              " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Working...
              X