Tuesday's baseball..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday's baseball..........

Had a very EZ 5 STAR winner with the D Backs last night. These are my plays for Tuesday......

5 STAR: ST. LOUIS (-$130) Vs. New York
    (Matt Morris vs. Al Leiter)

This is a very low price for Matt Morris pitching at home. He is opposed by the Mets Al Leiter, by Leiter has only pitched average against the Cardinals in the past, in eight career starts he has an ERA of 4.08. Morris has a career ERA of 2.68 against the Mets, and with the way New York is struggling with the bats I look for him to shut them down in this game. The Cardinals have won 7 of the last 10 meetings in this series.

3 STAR: Atlanta (+$130) @ HOUSTON
    (Greg Maddux vs. Roy Oswalt)

You have to love Greg Maddux as an underdog. He has pitched extremely well against Houston in the past, in 37 career starts against the Astros, Maddux is 21-8 with an ERA of 2.49 with two shutouts and ten complete games. Roy Oswalt has struggled a bit to start this season, posting a 2-2 record with an ERA of 3.86, almost a full run higher than his career ERA to start this season. Oswalt has had one career start against the Braves and it was not pretty. He allowed nine hits and five earned runs in just 5 1/3 innings. Houston is only 2-7 in Oswalts last nine starts. The Astros have been struggling lately and I look for their struggles to continue here. Atlanta is 6-3 in the last nine meetings.

3 STAR: Philadelphia (+$130) @ LOS ANGELES
    (Randy Wolf vs. Kevin K. Brown)

Randy Wolf is off to a great start this season, posting a 2-1 record with an ERA of 2.93. He has posted similar career numbers against the Dodgers, 2-1 with an ERA of 2.83. The are opposed by Kevin Brown who has pitched good, but not great. It may only take a couple of runs for the Phillies to win this game because the Dodgers have not been lighting up the scoreboard with runs. I'll side with the value in the underdog in what seems to be a pretty even matchup. In their last eight series, the Phillies are 8-0 in game two.

2 STAR: MILWAUKEE (+$130) Vs. Montreal
    (Matt Kinney vs. Javier Vazquez)

The Brewers are a team that Javier Vazquez has struggled against in the past. In eleven career starts, Vazquez is only 4-5 with an ERA of 6.18. The Brewers starter Matt Kinney has pitched very well this season. Kinney is 2-1 with an ERA of 2.57 and in his only home start, Kinney pitched 7 scoreless innings allowing only four hits to the Astros. I'll give the Brew Crew a shot here.

2 STAR: DETROIT (+$140) Vs. Baltimore
    (Jeremy Bonderman vs. Jason Johnson)

Playing this one on a gut feeling only. Jeremy Bonderman pitched very well in the Tigers win over the A's, so I'll look for confidence to carry over into this start. Johnson is 4-0 this season, but I am not convinced that he is as good as that record reflects. I'll grab my balls and give the Tigers a shot here.

* ALL LISTED PITCHERS MUST START OR THE PLAY IS NO ACTION

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Good luck,
    John

John

thanks for the 5 Star

nut

Comment

Recap

Not a bad day going 2-3, made a modest profit of 1.9 units. Hit another ez 5 Star winner with the Cardinals.

John
      Good luck,
      John

Comment

Working...
      X