Thurs Night NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melonge
    Neither of these teams rely completely on the run, especially not NCST. Their offense is 95th in carries and 91st in yards rushing. While GT's is 57th and 77th respectively. Now if the weather is in bad, and it may be as it just started storming in Jacksonville where I am, they will be forced to run more, and that is good considering they have 2 top 20 rush defenses in ypc. NCST is one of the top passing teams in the nation so far this year in many categories, while GT has a miserable completion %, 115 out of 119. Ball should be recovered some though. Originally liked GT, but some of these numbers have made it a no play, while I have liked the under the entire time, and am also throwing it in with some teasers for the weekend. Good luck, agree with play, just letting you know aobut the info...also, NCST's QB led ACC in passing yards last year also i believe...

themelon
    Melon
    Thanks for the info, but what I looked at was not rankings. Both teams are at about 50/50, pass vs. run in plays per game. (They both avg in the ballpark of 35 run 35 pass). I didn't say completely rely. I also looked at the situations the teams were in, losing or winning, or 1st down success. All which effect play calling. Also I am apprehensive to call NC State a top passing team after only 2 games vs. IA. They may prove to be but they, as they usually do, have to have a successful running back to open up the pass.
    But I do appreciate the post and enjoy others insight.
    Thanks again. If you played the under GL to us.
    Remember the three R's:
    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Working...
    X