Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport$bling MLB

Toronto -1.5 (+120) *10 units
    In his career, May is horrible on the road (2-10, 6.18 ERA), horrible at night (4-11, 5.66 ERA), horrible when pitching on turf (0-2. 9.53 ERA), horrible indoors (0-1, 7.04 ERA), horrible against the Bluejays (0-0, 10.18 ERA), and of course, horrible at the Skydome (0-0, 15.00 ERA). Factor in the fact that KC is distracted with all the SARS talk, and Toronto clearly has an edge here.

Texas (+200) *5 units
    Mussina is good on the road except in Arlington where he is 3-6 lifetime in 10 starts with an era of 4.85. In fact, last year the Rangers scored 17 runs against the Yankees in Mussina's only start in Arlington and overall the Rangers have scored 43 runs in his last 4 starts (home and away) against the Rangers (0-4).

Texas/NYYankees over 11 (-115) *6 units
    I wouldn't be surprised if this went over in the first three innings, Mussina has been getting rocked by Texas (as noted above) and I would like to introduce Colby Lewis to the New York Yankees.
    Last edited by voskuhl43; 04-25-2003, 04:59 PM.
    Jake Voskuhl has better hair than you.

jake

what happened to the bears logo

i like it better

Comment

trying to change my luck

Gotta do something

Comment

adding...

Montreal (-121) over Houston *6 units
        I'll take Zach Day and the Expos at home anyday against the left-handed Robertson and slumping Stros.

Comment

Agree on that !

I stated a few things in my Horsehide thoughts about the game between the Yankee`s and Texas , you went in a little further I see .

One thing of note either of us touched on is , there are only 3 teams in baseball that Mussina has a losing record against , 1 being the yankee`s so he`s safe on that one the others are the White Sox , and you guessed it the Texas Rangers , just last year he was 0-2 with a 12.00 era against them .

They seem to have his number ? 10-11 lifetime !

G.L. & G.B.

***MMM***
          " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

well...

sucked it up bad yesterday and got greedy with the Toronto run line and the Tex/NYY total. I suck at totals in ALL sports so if and when I post another there's a good chance that it will hit (I hope).

posted record: 1-3 -16.04 units

What a crappy way to start. I know it will bring out the bashers... sorry, couldn't resist.

first pick: Toronto -142 over KC *10 units
            I know Kansas City is undefeated when Ascencio starts but Lidle has a history (albeit a short, brief one) of handling the Royals well.

Two more plays later. Take it easy and good luck.

Comment

what a great start

Need both of these to profit for the day:

Boston (-114) over Anaheim *10 units
              Burkett has been DOMINATE at Edison field, while Anaheim is starting Scot Shields, a middle/long reliever by trade.

Minnesota (+108) over Chicago White Sox *10 units
              Lohse has been solid throughout his career against the White Sox especially at Comiskey while Garland is not a good night pitcher especially at home against the Twins.

Good Luck everyone.

Comment

I suck

But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up... plus I'm giving out these FREE FADE picks, aren't I?

YTD: 1-6 -46.04 units

Milwaukee +145 *10 units
                Javier Vasquez is 0-2 lifetime with an ERA of 12.00 at Miller Park

Baltimore -152 *15.2 units
                Bonderman has an ERA of 15.63 at home

Baltimore/Detroit OVER 8 runs (even) *10 units
                Add to Bonderman's ERA at Comerica, Johnson's less than impressive 6.52 ERA at Comerica

Anaheim -136 *13.6 units
                Ortiz is 2-0 with a 2.74 ERA at Jacobs Field

It can't get any worse, can it?

Comment

hopefully a sign of things to come?

3-1 on the day with +20 unit gain

YTD: 4-7 -26.04 units

Nothin beats good old fashion hard work and I'm rededicating myself to beatin the books with a baseball bat...literally.

Good luck everyone and good night.

Comment

4/30 picks

Baltimore/Detroit under 8 runs (-120) *1.2 units
                    Raul Lopez is 1-0 with a 1.29 ERA in his only career start at Comerica and 13-6 with a 3.52 ERA in night games. Nate Cornejo, who's starting for the Tigers, is 1-0 at home with a 1.50 ERA and an overall ERA of 2.77 in his last three starts.

Kansas City/Boston over 9.5 (-115) *11.5 units
                    May, KC's starter, has yet to figure out how to be effective on the road and in night games, and Boston has been hitting left-handed pitching this year well.

Colorado (-141) over Cincinnati *2.82 units
                    Ryan Dempster has been less than effective in his 2 career starts at Coors field, posting an 0-2 rec with an ERA of 17.61.

Cincinnati/Colorado over 13 runs *5 units

Good luck everyone. :cool:

Comment

Working...
                    X