The Greatest Catch Ever????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Catch Ever????

I was watching ESPN news 4th quarter. The host was interviewing Alabama's WR Tyrone Prothro. The host was asking if Prothro's catch last weekend was the greatest EVER?

The greatest catch I saw was Mike Williams's one handed grab for USC. He snatched the ball out of the air as if it was a loaf of bread.

The greatest pass play I saw was Mark Bavaro catch vs. the 49ers when he dragged numeous defenders 25 yards before they could tackle him to the ground.

It might not have been the greatest catch ever last weekend but it was one hell of a catch!

I remember both mentioned plays frank and they were GOOD! Bavaro was a nut! He always dragged people to his destination!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      It might not have been the greatest catch ever last weekend but it was one hell of a catch!
      No doubt. IMO last weekends grab is one of the greatest. I dont think it's the GREATEST.

Comment

jeters catch against the redsox july 1st of last year was the best ever..hands down!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
          jeters catch against the redsox july 1st of last year was the best ever..hands down!!
          U need to go back to the Keys. LOL

Ron Swoboda's catch in the 69 WS was the greatest baseball catch. EVEN. There's not even a close 2nd IMO

Comment

hey, I'm a newbie and happen to see this thread............my favorite was..

Doug Mientkicwicz catch on a toss from Foulke to win the 2004 world Series........this might not be what you are looking for but for the RSN it was a relief.

I'll start posting my picks tomorrow.
            Get Rich or die tryin

Comment

In bases ..... I AGREE! It's the best i've ever seen and i was watching the game when it happened. It was AMAZING! He NEVER broke stride, right into the 5th row!!!

Comment

My brother in law played high school ball against Tyrone Prothro.. He made catches like that during his high school career like there was no tomorrow... Him and my bro in law are best friends and he told us after their game that he has always wanted to make a catch like he did last weekend in college.. I guess he got his wish... It was a Great catch no doubt!!

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                  Ron Swoboda's catch in the 69 WS was the greatest baseball catch. EVEN. There's not even a close 2nd IMO
                  This is what i was thinking when i was reading your thread Frank ... best catch I have seen ...

Comment

Originally posted by BoRnInToIt
                    hey, I'm a newbie and happen to see this thread............my favorite was..

Doug Mientkicwicz catch on a toss from Foulke to win the 2004 world Series........this might not be what you are looking for but for the RSN it was a relief.

I'll start posting my picks tomorrow.
                    Welcome Bo ... and good luck ...

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
                      This is what i was thinking when i was reading your thread Frank ... best catch I have seen ...

never seen it...if you can get it for me..i would appreciate that

Comment

Agee had a couple of nice ones but Swoboda's was nuts ...

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
                          In the same series Tommy Agee made a diving catch similar to Swoboda's Another great catch.

Comment

never seen it...if you can get it for me..i would appreciate that
                            That surprises me. They show it often.

Comment

Originally posted by njsammy
                              Agee had a couple of nice ones but Swoboda's was nuts ...
                              Sammy, you read my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X