Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion on Raiders vs. Saints (Thurs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Opinion on Raiders vs. Saints (Thurs)

I am not playing the game but wanted to offer an opinion on it as I have seen some already come out. I didn't want to be rude and post this in another thread

But.....

To think the Saints will be flat, unmotivated and distracted seems logical.

I thought the same thing and have had the opportunity (living in south Florida) to play against local teams following Hurricanes....I don't have any records but I remember getting burned by it once or twice. An event like this (now this may be different as a pre season play) can be a rallying cry and used for strength. I recall players being interviewed after games saying they dedicated the game to the members of there communities and wanted to do well to give the citizens just a moment to escape from the hardships.

I hope I'm wrong if you played it already.

I just wanted to give my thought on it.........
    Remember the three R's:
    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Good point Rwall

Comment

I felt the opposite. My thinking was they would be sky high their first game. Just like the NY teams after 911. Then would be flat after their first game.

Comment

I already played them at minus 5. I live in the Bay Area so I'm able to get more news on the game. The talk here is that the Saints have just been going thru the motions during practice. They are also concerned about having to move their families to San Antonio. I guess time will tell which theory holds.

Comment

Bol Brother
          2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
          2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
          2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
            I felt the opposite. My thinking was they would be sky high their first game. Just like the NY teams after 911. Then would be flat after their first game.
            My bad. I agree with the preseason game. I doubt the Saints will care about the preseason game.

Comment

Will the Raiders want to beat up on the Saints? Part of me feels they don't want to play the game either.

What's everyone's thought?

Comment

Somebody's gotta win, but I agree with you Frank. I feel that neither team really wants to be there.
                It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

My thoughts are the NO Saints will want to make a showing to let their people of NO know they are still trying to do good.....The victims need a lot, but a victory just might lift some spirits.....IMO Saints play hard....I took the Saints + 6 1/2....kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

agree captn not to mention the public is pounding oakland thinking the saints will be just going through the motions think saints win game just my opinion only

Comment

Raiders coverd. I think it was obvious neither team wanted to play that game. They certainly didn't want to get hurt going into the season.

Comment

Working...
                      X