Spear-it Thurs-CFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spear-it Thurs-CFB

I have been waiting patiently for football and I don't mean the uninteresting preseason NFL. It should be an interesting college scene with much enthusiasm. One member asked if USC was a good bet to retain the title. First they have to win all there games- Second it might be more prudent to bet that they will lose a game. As we have seen - a team can win the National Championship with a loss and high standing in BCS Polls. GL if you take that bet. Now- I don't really mind if no-one is on my picks- they are a compilation of changes this year, stats and trends. I believe defenses rule in the early going so lets have a look.

Thursday

I am playing on Temple- Line has gone from -26 to -31.
    Granted Arizona St is stacked this year and there is quite a buzz stirring in Sun Devil Stadium. But Temple runs the ball adequately and I believe they will attempt to keep the Sun Devil Offense off the field as much as possible. Predicted score: 41-17 I will wait till tomorrow and see if the line moves anymore. However, for record purposes, it stays as presented.

100-Temple -31

The rest are totals:
    100-Wash. St / Idaho Under 62
    100-Oregon / Houston Under 61
    100- Conn/Buffalo Under 44.5
    100 Wake Forest/Vandy Under 52

0-0 Record (Message to Capping thread- if you need units displayed- let me know.)
    Last edited by Spearit; 08-31-2005, 02:50 PM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

GL tomarrow Spearit!
    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

gl spearit

Comment

Good Luck Spearit! Are you aware of this...Temple loses 7 players (5 are starters) due to academic ineligibility. Three starting seniors out are RB T. Brown, WR M. Holley and Strong Safety B. Fulmore. Other two starters out are junior guard S. McNaulty and cornerback D. Reese. This is the reason the line has moved.
        Not sure if this was considered in you analysis of this play. Take care buddy!!
        NCAAF 6 - 5 (+5.35units)
        NFL 0 - 0

Comment

No Kanaka- I missed that - see how great it is to have this site. Make the Temple game a no-play if you folks don't mind- I like totals anyway.
          Last edited by Spearit; 08-31-2005, 03:05 PM.

Comment

They actually have the game circled at the sports books at 31 1/2. So that is what is happening. Whew. Thanks for the heads up Kanaka.

Comment

For all you've done and continue to do here, not a problem bud! Read it on ******.com.
              NCAAF 6 - 5 (+5.35units)
              NFL 0 - 0

Comment

good luck Spearit

Comment

temple

6 projected starters & 3 reserves--- Temple University announced today that seven members of its football team have been declared academically ineligible to compete during the 2005 season. The seven players are senior running back Tim Brown, senior strong safety Bobby Fulmore, senior wide receiver Mike Holley, junior cornerback David Reese, senior defensive end J.C. Braker, junior offensive guard Sam McNaulty and junior defensive end David Fatherly. Last season, Brown was a mutli-faceted back for the Owls. He rushed for 432 yards and two TDs, caught 33 passes for 199 yards and one score and was sparingly used as a returner.
                  Besides the 7 above, 2 other returning starters are gone...

Comment

They beat me to it...I was yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as I was reading the post! lol

Good call on throwing that one away.

Rook

Comment

I thought I had struck gold with the heavy pouring of points to one side- I had no idea that Temple was so decimated. I doubt Arizona St is going to show them any remorse.

Comment

GL spearit, i might play temple as well
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Dime- Yeah- OK- Please wait till the odds come out first-how do you put odds on 2nd teamers against a team like Arizona ST who may or may not play LSU next and might not want to give their starters much more than a half of football. HMMM The Under maybe a good bet.

Comment

Originally posted by rxpert
                            6 projected starters & 3 reserves--- Temple University announced today that seven members of its football team have been declared academically ineligible to compete during the 2005 season. The seven players are senior running back Tim Brown, senior strong safety Bobby Fulmore, senior wide receiver Mike Holley, junior cornerback David Reese, senior defensive end J.C. Braker, junior offensive guard Sam McNaulty and junior defensive end David Fatherly. Last season, Brown was a mutli-faceted back for the Owls. He rushed for 432 yards and two TDs, caught 33 passes for 199 yards and one score and was sparingly used as a returner.
                            Besides the 7 above, 2 other returning starters are gone...
                            this is exactly why i like Temple. That and from what i heard out of vegas was that for every 1 bet on temple there was 20+ bets on ASU. IMO its either bet temple or a no bet. No way in hell i'd jump on ASU at this point.
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                              this is exactly why i like Temple. That and from what i heard out of vegas was that for every 1 bet on temple there was 20+ bets on ASU. IMO its either bet temple or a no bet. No way in hell i'd jump on ASU at this point.
                              You like Temple because Homer likes it, who are you kidding... :christmas

Comment

Working...
                              X