• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Preseason GOY

10-11-1 (-1.51 units)

9/1

Panthers -3 (-103) vs. Steelers 3***

This is hardly a "Game of the Year" play, but it will be my biggest bet of the NFL preseason so it is techincally true and I put that in the title for effect. I took the bet today because I am afraid of the line moving the other way between now and Thursday, and so I figured I'd just put this up here now.

Carolina had won 9 straight preseason games SU and ATS before falling to the NY Giants two weeks ago in the Meadowlands. They followed that up by winning (but not covering the spread!) in Cleveland a few nights ago. In spite of their recent 2 game losing streak ATS, the Panthers are still 9-2 ATS in their last 11 exhibition games. Head Coach John Fox is still 10-4-1 ATS in the preseason. Carolina is 6-1 ATS in home preseason games under Fox, and has covered the last 5. Pittsburgh's offense is beat up and has not looked good thus far in the preseason, with the #1 offense failing to score a TD through the first 3 games. The Panthers and Steelers have met in the 4th and final preseason game in each of the last 2 seasons, with Carolina winning and covering the spread both times, including a 21-14 win 2 years ago in Charlotte. John Fox is 3-0 SU and ATS in the 4th preseason game.

Both teams will be resting starters for the vast majority of this game as they look ahead to their season openers. I expect the Carolina backups to win this game at home and cover the 3 points easily.

I'll post any other preseason plays for this weekend on Thursday as well as my first group of college football plays.

Good luck tonight guys!
    Posted Plays

2006 NFL Record: 10-8-1 (+11.21 units)
    5*: 1-0

2006 NCAA Football Record: 25-20 (+10.74 units)
    5*: 0-2

Gl john
    2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
    2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
    2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

best of luck Taylor

Comment

Gl

Comment

Good luck st!!

Comment

I think you got this one right to the T. I see Cowher playing alot of guys that he might trade or cut....I'll be on it also..

Comment

Adding one play for Thursday

9/1

Bucs -3.5 (+101) vs. Texans 1*

Houston has been terrible in preseason play throughout their history. They are 1-2 ATS this season and 4-11 ATS in team history, including 1-6 ATS on road. They have lost their last 6 preseason road games SU and ATS, often in blowout fashion. On the other hand, Tampa Bay has been tough in exhibition play recently, including a 4-1 ATS record at home under Jon Gruden. This will be my final play of the preseason. I had considered taking the Bills on Friday but the line moved drastically and I decided to pass.

Good luck guys!
              Posted Plays

Comment

Panthers go 1-3 ATS this preseason

Ouch. Heartbreaker in the Panthers game tonight. Carolina was up 17-13 with under 2 minutes left in the game. Then on 4th and 6 Charlie Batch threw a 45 yard TD pass to Sean Morey. Panthers lose. Tough one to take. But hey thats what happens in the preseason I guess.

I got a solid win with the Bucs, and I am now finished with my preseason wagering.

Final records:

11-12-1 (-3.59 units)

Hopefully the regular season will go a lot better.
                Posted Plays

Comment

Yeah that Panther game SUCK big time
                  I had the Panthers and the under in that game 37 What the hell happen
                  2 heartbreaking loses Sorry Taylor and who ever else had them I feel ur pain guys

Comment

Thanks Dakota. That's a terrible loss on that Under man....that really sucks.

Oh well, we've all had our share of bad losses. All there is to do now is put it behind us and win that money back today.
                    Posted Plays

Comment

Tough loss with the Panthers. Easy winner with the Bucs. Good call.

GL this season.

Comment

tough break on carolina buddy. GL on the regular season
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                        X