No-Lock Play of the Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-Lock Play of the Night

Fellas I have done some good research on this kid Cain pitching for SF tonight. I will be back to present why- take at your risk but it is my special-No-Lock game of the night.

Take SF ML and RL

Thanx
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Kim is a meatball avg 4.7 runs in his last three- This game total is at 8 - you do the math.

It's hard not to like a guy who's 19-years-old, has great velocity on all his pitches and already possesses a fastball in the high-90 mph range.

And he's just in AA ball.

Matthew Cain has all the markings of a budding phenom.

The San Francisco Giants spent a first round pick in 2002 on him, intending to infuse some youth into a pitching staff that has recently depended on free agent acquisitions, rather than home grown talent.

Still the Giants have proceeded carefully with their future fireball. Cain started the ’04 season at Hi-A San Jose in the California League. His placement suggests that the Frisco farm is looking to nurture Cain's self-confidence.

The caution may be a bit unnecessary: He was impressive, going 7-1 with a 1.86 ERA. He led the league with 87 strikeouts while giving up only 17 walks.

That performance earned him a mid-June promotion to Double-A Norwich. He struck out 4 batters in 7 innings and did not yield an earned run while winning his Eastern League debut.

If he can keep his fastball moving in the high 90s, and dominate in the AA, he's in striking range of AAA Fresno, or perhaps the Golden Gate to his back for a few games this fall.

The Giants are confident that Cain will get to Pac Bell Park someday to provide a powerful 1-2 punch with perennial Cy Young candidate Jason Schmidt. He makes the FAB50 as the 19th best player in minor league baseball.

Ones 2 Watch | iBest™ 2004 Indy Players |

Comment

Nice work Spear.
      Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

I have 1000 on this play to make a bundle more. They are going to make his first night a great one and they picked a meatball for him to go up against. Can't ya smell it?

Comment

WOW, impressive write up
          thanks for the work, I'm on it.
          Bill
          updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
          NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Count me in Bud. Bring it home :D :D
            1 of 1 Morons

Comment

In the last 10 mins the line has moved from -140 to -153 at bodog.
              Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

On it too, amazingly ml went up three times in last two min.

Comment

GL Spearit..I jumped on SF and under.
                  NCAAF 6 - 5 (+5.35units)
                  NFL 0 - 0

Comment

I think Spear-it has set the line.
                    Spear-it rules
                    updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                    NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

I must be the only idiot to take Colorado

Comment

Please moondog- its no lock remember!!!

Comment

Thanks Spearit
                          DC loves you BC guys!

Comment

Cain looks a little nervous- second walk in the inning- runners on 1st and 3rd 2 -0 Colorado Under is looking pretty at the moment but can change very soon. good strike out - SF brings the meat of the order up in the 4th
                            Last edited by Spearit; 08-29-2005, 11:05 PM.

Comment

2-1 now. Relax. Early. I need those damn yankees/seattle boys to score some more runs.

Comment

Working...
                              X