And there off.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And there off.....

Good day for some big prices at Saratoga Race Track, although i hesitate telling u my tips for fear of u all playing and cutting into the prize pool and my money.

There is a $1 million garenteed prize pool starting with Race 8 my ticket is located at the bottom

Start off with some Allowence racing before we get into the big money

Saratoga Race 1 (6furlongs; $45K; mdn;3up):
    1-Christian X-Mike Luzzi (6-1)

Saratoga Race 2 (6 fur; $47K; alw; 3up):
    10-Witch Ways West-Javier Castellano (3-1)

Saratoga Race 8 (1 1/16miles (T);$200; 3up)
    THE FOURSTARDAVE
    6-Leroidesanimaux-J Court (6-5)
    Not really the price u want, and is the favorite will be contended by #1 Silver Tree riden by Jerry Bailey at 5-2. Leroidesanimaux has won 6 straight after 1 lost since shipping in from Brazil. Will be the 1 to beat.
    The 3 (senor swinger, edger prado) also a contender.

Saratoga Race 9 (7 fur; $250K; 2yo)
    THE HOPEFUL
    winner of this race is considered to be the early Kentucky Derby favorite despite the fact the the winner has gone on to win the derby only 2 times in 80 years.

the 4 Henny Hughes with jocky Gary Stevens and trainer Patrick Biancone is the even money fav and the horse to beat. Horse is undefeated in 3 starts. Biancone is on fire at Saratoga this summer winning at 29% and tough to go against, however...

my pick is the 2 First Samurai (Jerry Bailey at 8-5), not a great price, but is the only horse capable of beating the fav with 2 wins in 2 starts. Does hurt to have Hall of Fame jockey aboard who is on fire in stakes races at the spa this summer.

Saratoga Race 10 (7fur; $250K; 3yo)
    THE KING'S BISHOP
    This is were it gets interesting. The morning line favorite is the 3 Lost in the Fog (1-5). Very very very very tough to beat. I saw his last race which he won by 7 1/4 lengths and the jockey Russel Baze never moved, didn't even have to break out the whip and the horse broke the stakes record that day in the Carry Back Stakes at Calder race track. Really think this horse in unbeatable with 8 wins in 8 starts, but....

Just like any football team can lose on "any given sunday" upsets happen. wasn't going to try to beat him until i saw that Ashado (great filly, and also nearly unbeatable) got beat and finished up the track yesterday at Saratoga (aka "the Graveyard of Champions)

Since Lost in the Fog will probably go off at 1-9 (from 1-5), you could get great prices.

Here are my choices (#1 choice on top)
    4-The Daddy, Robby Albardo (20-1) experience is the only problem here with only 2 starts. Compaired to other horses times he would have finished 2nd to Bellemy Road by a length when Bellemy Road won The Wood Memorial by 17.5 lengths back in april.

5-Santana Springs, Ebar Coa (8-1) second choice behind Fog, comming off 2 straights wins with a very hot jocky aboard, although has yet to win at the distance.

6-Storm Surge, Rafeal Bejarano (15-1) if the #1 horse Fusaichi Rock Star jumps to the lead like i expect he should wear down Lost in the Fog and Storm Surge could be the won to close to win the race.

Saratoga Race 11 (1 1/4 miles; $1,000,000; 3yo)
    THE TRAVERS
    AKA the mid-suimmer derby. This is the toughest race. Bellemy Road (2-1) makes his 1st start since finishing 7th in the Kentuck Derby and looks like the one to beat. This George Steinbrenner owned colt will be the speed of the race and should win if he gets out to an early big lead. But with a 7 horse field, this race is up for grabs. Every horse can make an argument for winning.

2- Andromeda's Hereo, finished 2nd to afleet Alex in the Belmont stakes after finishing 8th in the Kentucky Derby. A good closer and having Cory Nakatani ship in from Delmar to ride him doesn't hurt eaither. At 12-1, a definate use underneath in exotics.

3-Chekov (10-1) was bought for $3.3 million dollars and has yet to prove anything with a total of $143 in earnings. Is due for a big win.

4- Roman Ruler (5-2) the early kentucky derby favorite last year as a 2 year old seamed to fizzle after getting off to a sizzling start, but since a 4 month layoff has won 2 straight under the ride of Jerry Baily.

5-Don't Get Mad (10-1) weakest horse of the field. The only colt IMHO, that hasn't got a shot to win this race. Has won 4 out of 9 starts, but yet to win a race at a track other than Church Hill Downs

7- Flower Alley (3-1) Eclipes winning jockey and trainer in John Velazquez and Todd Pletcher, it's tough to go against this Dinamic Duo. Comming off 2 great starts and a win in the Jim Dandy, this is another that is hard to bet against.

But my Pick is
    6- Reverberate (8-1) Finished 2nd to Flower Alley in the Jim Dandy and is expected to press the pace. If he can hang late will be the winner. This horse has yet to peak.

my ticket:
    Race 08: 1, 3, 6
    Race 09: 1, 2, 4
    Race 10: 3, 4, 5
    Race 11: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7
    $135 dollar ticket and should pay big if the favorites stay out of the winners circle (expecially Lost In the Fog in race 10)

see u in the winners circle
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Wrong forum!!!

~~~ Tigger

Comment

:confused: ooops sorry,
      Good Luck to everyone
      Adam

Comment

GL---kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Cough Cough Cough

Choking on Chalk

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Reverberate
          Good Luck to everyone
          Adam

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
            Cough Cough Cough

Choking on Chalk

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Reverberate
            Lost in the Fog just dominated again. Did you happen to here the interview with his owner? The reporter asked him to compare the horse winning to a freaking battle in a war. What a moron

Comment

That's women for u
              Good Luck to everyone
              Adam

Comment

GL!!!! It's about to begin!!!!!

I've always considered Nascar a massive horserace, but with much lower payouts. What gives vegas!
                I'm on it!!!!
                "He who is afraid to ask is ashamed of learning."
                -Danish Proverb

Comment

race 11 I mean
                  "He who is afraid to ask is ashamed of learning."
                  -Danish Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
                    That's women for u

It was the guy reporter!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
                      Lost in the Fog just dominated again. Did you happen to here the interview with his owner? The reporter asked him to compare the horse winning to a freaking battle in a war. What a moron
                      The reporter asked how the horse- Lost in the fog compared to the Battle of the Bulge. Owner looked at him and said I am not going to answer that question.
                      "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit
                        The reporter asked how the horse- Lost in the fog compared to the Battle of the Bulge. Owner looked at him and said I am not going to answer that question.
                        I think that reporter is fired!! hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit

I know. As soon as he asked it I thought why in hell would you compare a horse to a war.

Comment

Well that sucks,

To much chalk, wasted money

Spent $250 on the day

Got back $83.75

Net loss of $166.25, so much for trying to beat the favs
                            Good Luck to everyone
                            Adam

Comment

Working...
                            X