Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Spark and other BC members

Spark:

Would it be possible to have a thread which has the top cappers plays each day? I'm thinking yourself, RJ,EZ,Spearit, punisher,Cheese etc. etc.. Apologize if I left anyone out as there are certainly others who consistently produce winning records. Some days it is difficult to get through each of the individual threads, review responses etc. in this way you could go through one thread rather quickly and see who the top cappers like. You could then go to their individual threads to review responses and any discussion.

Just trying to be helpful. Thanks for all of your hard work. Thoughts???

Goose- I too wish we had a way to get the info quickly and had a way to see each cappers record as we go along. However, bettorschat is about a 'forum' that members band together for communication and feedback - sometimes on the games for the day.

Other sites present cappers and records. I guess if I wanted- I might try it out- but those sites don't have the comeraderie that we enjoy on this site- there are no ego problems here usually (we are all misfits- ask the Kapt) that the other sites have. We support each other where those sites do not usually.

If we go head to head with our records and picks- problems may turn up- then you may as well become a service- because of all the crap associated with providing picks. When the services left- I thought the way you do- still do at times- but in looking at the big picture- I would rather maintain friends and comrades --than to have a quick fix to a bad day or see if I am doing better than someone else. I have maintained that percentages are the way to go in gambling.

For the small capper- there would be little that I could write that anyone would read and eventually - give up trying to break into the inner circle- no matter how good I am doing. The sanctity of the forum has a heart- not necessarily given out easily -to 'flash by viewers'- but to those who take the 'time' to pour out respect, well-wishes, pictures, and talk about concerns, gambling problems, health problems, birthdays, issues around the world or locally, sparks age and -oh yeah- the games of the day.
    Last edited by Spearit; 08-27-2005, 10:16 AM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Spearit

Thanks for taking the time for your thoughtful response. I wasn't suggesting that this be a competition or that records need be posted.I really enjoy the dialogue that occurs in each of the threads. I simply was feeling out others to see if this might be helpful for those days when time is short. Speaking of that-off to the golf course.

Have a great weekend and could luck to all.

PS: You are the "totals King". Thanks.
      Last edited by Goose; 08-27-2005, 10:26 AM.

Comment

spearit..............

TOTALLY agree. there is a reason that this place is like family to alot of us. and you touched on much of it. I like the idea of making things easier and less time consuming, but at what cost??? I think your are right and that things would look more like a service thread and would force everyone to butt heads regardless..............

Comment

Goose---I don't know how you could rate the top 10 cappers here.....The ones you named are certainly good ones...Pick out the ones you know that have good records and do your own compilation (secretly), therefore there is no competition amongst the Forum Cappers....That would be very difficult to do.....

The Kruise will have a NFL and a NCAA football POD section when the season starts....Lets see how that goes....or---you could,

Consult our local "self appointed" Records Keeper (Husker), and I'm sure he can tell you who the best records are, and who has an accurate one....He's on top of the Record Keeping for everybody....Just ask him...........

GL to ya my man....we don't want to lose our Family atmosphere....

Spearit---said it perfectly.....kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

haha. karl, you're too funny.

goose, i know we post pretty much everyday, and i know what you're saying makes sense, but it's hard to do. hope you've been winning buddy!

Comment

The only way I say this can happen Goose is if Wayne or I open a thread everyday and sticky it .. Ask ALL cappers to put their plays in that thread besides their own ... We can always try it if everyone agrees ... Let me know ...

Comment

if i'm one that you want posting in there, i can always just copy and paste my plays. it's up to you guys, i'm fine with it. 1 thing is you'd have to keep it only to the picks. no good lucks or anything that would junk it up. the point of it is to keep things simple

Comment

I don't want to speak for Spark here, but we are trying to get something like this up for Foots very soon.

~~~ Tigger

Comment

Who's to say who is a "top capper" and who is not? Seems like a bad idea to me. There is no reason why someone can't spend an extra couple of minutes to find the capper they follow or use the search feature to find their post w/ picks. BC is supposed to be a friendly site where anyone should feel comfortable to post their picks and shouldn't be seperating cappers based on there records.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger
                      I don't want to speak for Spark here, but we are trying to get something like this up for Foots very soon.

~~~ Tigger
                      Tig I was going to mention this but I was not sure if you were moving forward on it ... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
                        Who's to say who is a "top capper" and who is not? Seems like a bad idea to me. There is no reason why someone can't spend an extra couple of minutes to find the capper they follow or use the search feature to find their post w/ picks. BC is supposed to be a friendly site where anyone should feel comfortable to post their picks and shouldn't be seperating cappers based on there records.
                        No, there will not be any cappers left out of the thread ... The capper will post his plays and his record if he wants ... Everyone will be invited to post their plays in this thread or we will not have it ...

Comment

Sounds like the main forum to me then. We have enough stickys, don't need another when this is the purpose of the main forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
                            Tig I was going to mention this but I was not sure if you were moving forward on it ... Thanks
                            If this is what is requested, then I will go public with it now. I've been working on a thread like this for a while, but if we are to do it, a few changes have to be made.....

1) Everyone is required to post their games in the same rating (this is done for comparison to find the "HOT" capper)
                            2) Everyone that would like to take part in the thread that I will record all the games and records in will have to sign up

MORE TO COME AS I GIT'R DONE!

~~~ Tigger

Comment

As usual there is a lively discussion, which is what the forum is all about. I agree with Spark that anyone who wants to post their plays on that thread can and should be allowed to. As RJ mentioned a simple cut and paste for those who would like to is all that would be required.

I know how we can all make money. Whenever I have a strong gut feeling about a game, fade it and you will become rich. Having said that, I'm off to the Broncos game and I really like them in this one. So be careful.

RJ: I did make good money this week and thanks to all.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X