Sunday's Open Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's Open Discussion Thread

Feel free to talk about games that scare you today, that you love, or that seem a little too easy.

I wanted to open this thread to say how UGLY the boston red sox have looked the last 2 nights. I am not sure how many freakin errors they have made, but they look totally uninterested. I am also surprised to see soooo many people jumping on them today to avoid the sweep, I wonder if anyone has actually watched them the last 2 days. They should be pissed off at their performance but that doesn't always translate into a win. Maybe a cheap shot against the twins will come about because of my comments :D

Is everyone here betting the A's like every freakin game? I haven't even seen them more than a -200 fav recently, and since baseball is a game of streaks we should all be making money off of them.

Also, ya gotta love the padres today with peavy on the mound pitching against a 2nd unit nationals team, one in which the starters have lost like umpteen 1 run games in a row. SD has won 4 of their last 5 and look to continue that stretch today.

I also like the Young and the rangers to win again today, as the bats will stay hot. Young has been disastrous in his last few starts but I feel he will bounce back, hmmm, that seems like wishful thinking. And pardon my french, but Ponson is a pile of shit and a quitter, I love playing against him and was way off on him in the beginning of the season.

If you have time and feel like sharing your thoughts, please post!!! Good luck today guys. (and ms. totals, wherever you are )
    Last edited by BigTicket; 08-07-2005, 12:38 PM.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives.

The game that scares me the most is Oakland/KC because it looks to easy.
    Will they have any hits left over from yesterday, will they be lulled to sleep and/or will pathetic KC rise to the occasion and somehow win after being thoroughly embarrassed at home yesterday?

Comment

That is exactly why Boston will today. They need to stretch their lead in the division and they have too much pride to be swept.
      I am really looking forward to watching Roger Clemens pitch live today at SBC in SF. I am not putting $ on this game because I just want to simply watch a future HOF at work without worrying about the outcome.
      I also like the Cubs to bounce back today and I am not sure why the Nationals are throwing in the towel today against Peavy...they can't afford to take a day off as hot as the Braves are these days.

Comment

I had my eye on the A's this weekend have made a little $ with them the last few days, but I never expected the outburst yesterday. When will the let down happen...not sure it will happen today, but it may be a good idea as they host the Angels this upcoming week.

Comment

Cubbies scare me all the time,Brewers too

Comment

Originally posted by BrezzeEaze
            I had my eye on the A's this weekend have made a little $ with them the last few days, but I never expected the outburst yesterday. When will the let down happen...not sure it will happen today, but it may be a good idea as they host the Angels this upcoming week.

I agree, I didn't see the outburst coming, but I liked the game more and more when people were saying the Lima was "looking a lot better lately", I didn't buy him having a great game against the A's. I agree, a let down will happen, but I think if you jump on a streak you can afford to be on the wrong side when the let down happens, but its important to know when to jump off.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Comment

I am sure its a type of wake up call from Robinson, I question his tactics however.

Comment

a little late but I also really like the marlins to bounce back today with dontrelle on the mound against a very erratic ortiz. Plus, Dunn and Griffey Jr. are out for cincy. Looks good to me.

I dont mind continuing typing to myself, its fun!

Comment

Big: got some on willis.... and the fact the nationals have eveyone out is very odd..
                  however early they are hitting peavy... odd indeed.. 1 unt. nationals..
                  its easy to get good players.. gett'n em to play together thats the hard part.. casey stengel

Comment

well anyone big on the padres right now has to be worrying a bit. You are correct l2p2 the nationals are hitting peavy, he is luckily getting out of some jams. Thanks to a Loaiza steal attempt?? what the hell is that? I only read updates I am not watching. Also thanks to Christian Guzman, you really arent a good ball player my man.

good luck on the bets l2p2

Comment

adding minny +140 sox to avoid a sweep..... just what the man wants you to believe..
                      minny 2* +140
                      adding O's +130 the weekend unexpected
                      Last edited by Luv2Play2; 08-07-2005, 02:01 PM.
                      its easy to get good players.. gett'n em to play together thats the hard part.. casey stengel

Comment

Originally posted by Luv2Play2
                        adding minny +140 sox to avoid a sweep..... just what the man wants you to believe..
                        minny 2* +140

Thats what I'm talkin about!!!

Comment

and to make things even stranger.... STL. -200 OR SO..... WHAT!!! SURELY YOUR KIDDING !!!!!! WRONG....... CARDS 2*

Comment

Peavy helps his own cause, that a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Luv2Play2
                              and to make things even stranger.... STL. -200 OR SO..... WHAT!!! SURELY YOUR KIDDING !!!!!! WRONG....... CARDS 2*

I agree with this pick too ... that line tells you to take the cards.

But boston had a couple hits before I could blink!

Comment

Working...
                              X