MLB Rumor Central (Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Rumor Central (Trade Talk)

ESPN is saying Steady Eddie G. from Seattle to Boston for AAA C Kelly Shoppick (? spelling) ... Maybe?

Millwood possibly to the Yankees?

Lawton possibly to Boston?

Burnett to stay in Fla,?

Any thoughts or rumors you hear, let us know!!!

Manny.....Mets.....take it to the bank.

We're building a team of Dominicans. Plus David Wright.
    Every
    Villain
    Is
    Lemons

Comment

Chacon on Yanks and pitching 2nite?!@# What is this the dumping ground for shit pitchers, Cashman sucks
      Lord Knows I'm A Voodoo Child

My record Click Here

Comment

Yankees signed Alan Embree this morning

Red Sox rumor - (Providence Journal) Larry Bigbie from Colorado to Boston for Kelly Shoppach and Adam Stern.

Comment

lets see, thats this bunch of losers the yanks signed in the past 3 weeks:

tim redding
          daryl may
          al leiter
          hideo nomo
          shawn chacon
          alan embree

Give me a fucking break, what is going on with this team.

My record Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeard

tim redding
            daryl may
            al leiter
            hideo nomo
            shawn chacon
            alan embree

Comment

will the Boston peanut gallery please sit down! LOL

My record Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeard

tim redding
                daryl may
                al leiter
                hideo nomo
                shawn chacon
                alan embree

A BUNCH OF SOLID PITCHERS IN............

THEIR DAY LOL
                2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
                2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
                2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
                  Manny.....Mets.....take it to the bank.

We're building a team of Dominicans. Plus David Wright.

LMAO!!!!

Comment

Soriano to the Cubs?

Chicago paper reported it...but that's a long shot I think.

Comment

Bigbie was sent to Colorado for Eric Brynes

Comment

Updates

A blockbuster three-team trade that would have landed Manny Ramirez in Flushing was ultimately nixed by the Mets last night because they would have had to inherit the remaining $64 million on the moody Red Sox slugger's contract. The trade, which was actively discussed all day yesterday, would have sent Ramirez along with Tampa Bay closer Danys Baez to the Mets, with Braden Looper, Mike Cameron and Tampa Bay lefty slugger Aubrey Huff going to the Red Sox. The Devil Rays then were to get Red Sox pitching prospect Anibal Sanchez and a top prospect from the Mets, believed to be Lastings Milledge.
                        -- New York Daily News

Another significant factor in trading Manny Ramirez now is the fact that after this season, Ramirez earns the right to veto any deal as a player with 10-5 rights, having played 10 years in the big leagues and at least five consecutive years with one team.
                        -- Boston Globe

One Sox source said the club had spoken with 20 teams yesterday, and several had inquired about Manny Ramirez. But the Mets seemed most intent on acquiring him. When Newsday reporter Dave Lennon informed Pedro Martinez in the Mets' clubhouse before last night's game about the possible deal, he immediately dialed Ramirez's cellphone number, but his voice mail was full.
                        -- Boston Globe

The Sox are also believed to be involved in several other trade talks, including a proposed deal with the Minnesota Twins centered around a swap of Bill Mueller for lefty reliever J.C. Romero.
                        -- Boston Herald

One Mets official described the chances of landing Rangers second baseman Alfonso Soriano as a "super longshot." Recent discussions also have been held with the Pirates about closer Jose Mesa and first baseman Daryle Ward, for prospects that could include Double-A catcher Mike Jacobs or reliever Matt Lindstrom, an NL source said, but those talks have been casual because the Mets haven't determined the direction they want to go.
                        -- New York Daily News

Manager Mike Scioscia acknowledged Friday that the Angels made a serious run at Kansas City slugger Mike Sweeney, but the teams still don't appear to match up for a trade. "We have to look at how it would impact the club in the short term and the long term, and that might handcuff what we can do in the future," Scioscia said. "It's being explored, but the well in this organization isn't bottomless."
                        -- Los Angeles Times

If the Angels can't acquire a significant hitter -- or a significant starting pitcher or reliever -- they seem willing to stand pat heading into August. They briefly considered San Diego's Phil Nevin, who appeared headed to the Texas Rangers on Friday night, and New York Met catcher Mike Piazza could be had for a mid-level prospect, but the Angels don't seem interested. The Angels also inquired about Toronto's Shea Hillenbrand and Detroit's Rondell White, and Florida's Juan Encarnacion is available.
                        -- Los Angeles Times

Rather than just tweak a team that carries its league's best record, Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty confirmed Friday that he is seeking an impact player to shore up an outfield decimated by injuries to right fielder Larry Walker and left fielder Reggie Sanders. "We're not looking for someone considered an extra outfielder," Jocketty said several hours before the Cardinals opened a three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers. "We're looking for someone like we found last season in Larry Walker." Jocketty has discussed the availability of San Diego outfielder Brian Giles with Padres general manager Kevin Towers, according to a source.
                        -- St. Louis Post Dispatch

Despite lacking a true everyday center fielder -- little-used Tony Womack started there last night -- Yankees GM Brian Cashman said it's "probably unrealistic" that the Bombers would be able to land a center fielder before tomorrow's 4 p.m. trading deadline.
                        -- New York Daily News

Alan Embree cleared unconditional waivers yesterday, leaving him free to sign with any team. The Yankees and Diamondbacks are interested. Embree's stated preference is to play close to his home in Portland, Ore.
                        -- Boston Globe

In an exchange of slumping outfielders, the Orioles sent former No. 1 draft pick Larry Bigbie to the Rockies last night for Eric Byrnes, who has changed teams twice this season. ... Industry sources said last night that the Rockies will trade Bigbie to the Boston Red Sox for minor league catcher Kelly Shoppach, so his stay in Colorado could be brief.
                        -- Baltimore Sun

Last night's deal might not be the final one as tomorrow's deadline approaches. The Orioles still want a front-line starting pitcher, but they're having trouble locating one.
                        -- BaltimoreSUN

About 1½ hours before Friday's game, the door closed on the Nationals' clubhouse, and General Manager Jim Bowden walked in. The players looked up, what did he have? A trade? There are less than two days left before the trading deadline. Quite the opposite as it turned out. Rather, the general manager wanted to tell his team that a deal would not be coming. Players said Bowden told them, "Look around this locker room. These are the people we're going to war with."
                        -- Washington Post

Bowden denied rumors that the team is working on a deal for Yankees infielder Tony Womack.
                        -- Washington Post

The White Sox might have to settle for some fine-tuning instead of landing a big-ticket item. Time is running out for any chance of a three-way trade. The likelihood of San Francisco trading ace Jason Schmidt virtually has vanished and Florida appears content to try for the postseason with hard-throwing A.J. Burnett.
                        -- Chicago Tribune

With Sunday's 3 p.m. non-waiver trading deadline approaching, and with his team having scored only 13 runs in its last five games, Cubs general manager Jim Hendry was checking into long-ball possibilities such as Texas' Alfonso Soriano and Cincinnati's Adam Dunn.
                        -- Chicago Tribune

The Chicago Cubs called the Rangers to express their interest in Alfonso Soriano, with the intent of moving him to left or center field if they get him. But a baseball official close to the situation said the Cubs believed that Soriano was going to the Mets, along with first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, for Mike Cameron, Lastings Milledge and a pitcher.
                        -- Newark Star Ledger

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire has been in contact with General Manager Terry Ryan and owner Carl Pohlad this week, and is confident the team will be active before the 3 p.m. Sunday deadline for trades without waivers. "I think something will happen," Gardenhire said. "I think there will be a trade here before the deadline. How close to the deadline, I don't know. I definitely think we will make a move."
                        -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

J.C. Romero and righthander Joe Mays are the most likely to be dealt before the deadline. Word out of the clubhouse is that the Twins have expressed some interest in infielder Chris Burke of the Astros. Burke, 25, plays second base but has played 48 games in left field this season. He's batting .250 with one homer and 14 RBI and is viewed as decent prospect who could develop some pop. He could be a long-term solution at second base.
                        -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Here's where the Indians stand on Kevin Millwood. They feel they're a hot streak away from moving into second place in the American League Central and taking over the wild card. They need Millwood to do that. But, and there's always a but at deadline time, if the Indians could fill one of the three following needs for the 30-year-old right-hander, they would consider a deal.
                        -- Cleveland Plain Dealer

A.J. Burnett is being pursued by the Red Sox. On Friday, Bill Lajoie, Boston's assistant general manager, was at Dolphins Stadium.
                        -- Palm Beach Post

The Marlins are trying to add one or two pitchers. They are talking to Seattle about left-handed reliever Ron Villone and to Pittsburgh about left-hander Mark Redman in a deal that would send minor-league pitcher Yorman Bazardo to the Pirates.
                        -- Palm Beach Post

Outfielder Randy Winn remains at the forefront of rumors, with the Red Sox and Cardinals joining the fray as the Yankees' interest may be cooling. The Yankees had eyed Winn as a center-field replacement for Bernie Williams. Now they have reportedly decided if they picked up Winn, it would be as a left fielder, with Hideki Matsui moving to center. Meanwhile, injuries to St. Louis' Reggie Sanders and Larry Walker and Boston's Trot Nixon have those teams investigating Winn. The Angels are also an interesting trade possibility for the Mariners, with general manager Bill Stoneman telling the Los Angeles Times he is not averse to dealing within the division -- a philosophy Mariners GM Bill Bavasi is believed to hold as well. The Angels are known to have interest in left-handed reliever Ron Villone, as do numerous teams. The Angels' desire for left-handed relief help might also include Mariners closer Eddie Guardado. They are also looking for a top-notch starter, which could bring them to Gil Meche (pending further word on last night's shoulder tightness) or, less likely, Jamie Moyer, who has complete trade-veto rights. The Mariners are said to be asking a high price for all their players, hoping that the feeding frenzy of numerous teams with playoff aspirations seeking help from a relatively small pool will ultimately force teams to meet their demands.
                        -- Seattle Times

The Giants are listening to offers for Brett Tomko, Scott Eyre, Yorvit Torrealba and even taking calls on Jason Schmidt, but Alou believes the club is a legitimate contender and won't sell off part.
                        -- Oakland Tribune

J.T. Snow's nine-year run in San Francisco could be over after this season. Heck, it could be over this week. The Mets have been eying Snow as a potential replacement for an underperforming Doug Mientkiewicz.
                        -- San Francisco Chronicle

Comment

*************GOOD STORY************
                          Last year first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz was in the season's biggest deal, a four-team trade in which Boston's Nomar Garciaparra was sent to the Cubs and Mientkiewicz went from the Twins to the Red Sox. Since Minnesota was playing Boston at home that day, Mientkiewicz just switched clubhouses. "I was already dressed for BP and I was doing a press conference" -- about not being traded after the deadline had passed -- "when someone tapped me on the shoulder and told me I had been dealt," says Mientkiewicz, now with the Mets. "I didn't even walk outside. I walked behind the laundry room, and there was Pedro [Martinez] standing butt naked on my chair saying, 'Welcome.'" ... In 1991, after being assured he'd stay in Baltimore, Steve Finley was playing basketball at Cal Ripken Jr.'s house. "[Baltimore G.M.] Roland Hemond called and told Cal to tell me I'd been traded," said Finley, who was dealt to Houston (and is now with the Angels). "I was in the gym, just standing there stunned." ... When outfielder Shannon Stewart was dealt from Toronto to the Twins at the 2003 All-Star break, he was left without his gear. "I was home [in Miami] during the break when I got the call," he says. "All my stuff was in Toronto, my equipment bag, everything. The Blue Jays shipped it to Minnesota, but it took days to get there. I had to play without my glove and shoes. Jacque Jones gave me a pair of shoes, and I had to DH. I had to use other people's bats." ... Outfielder Cliff Floyd was dealt from the Marlins to the Expos in 2002; after he'd been there just 19 days, the trade deadline closed in, and Montreal manager Frank Robinson told Floyd he wouldn't be going anywhere. "He said, 'Unpack everything. You're good for the rest of the season.' I got traded that night," recalls Floyd, now a Met. The trade, to the Red Sox, particularly upset Floyd's girlfriend, Maryanne, who had just finished decorating their new apartment. "Oh, man. You don't understand," says Floyd. "She did everything. We bought pillows, sheets, all that stuff. She got groceries, and she was cooking when I got home. I was like, 'You can't be mad at me. Be mad at whoever else you want to be mad at, but we got traded again.' She just sulked."

Comment

Please Send Anybody We Will Take A Mascot , Beer Boy, Druken Fan..........

For That Fuck Alan Embree He Sucks

Comment

Randy Winn To San Fran

Comment

Working...
                              X