Farewell Till Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell Till Football

My lady has informed me of my obsession with the computer, B/C and the time it is taking away from us. She is my heart and soul and thus-it is time to say farewell until the football season. Where a weekend is not every night. Where when she sits out on the porch and listens to the rain and frogs, etc - she sits alone.
    I started on B/C on Feb 15 th I believe. I have learned a ton from the experience of some good folks. I have tried to help when and where I could. Lately my usage doubled and my gambling also meant more bets. Baseball has been unkind to me - the last 4 out of 5 days. Hitting the sweet parlay by the wise men helped, my POD (now 28-18) and Detroit helped but can not makeup for the harshness of other losses since Saturday.
    For the amount of time on this site in the past week- the emotions have been one of evasion from things I needed to take care of. My mother is preparing for her transition and I find - I would rather be on this site than deal with the emotional moments that she faces.
    I have talked about the lack of betting wisely when we are undergoing stress or having emotional imbalance in our lives. The power to gain back some control (gambling) over situations that present itself daily that we feel helpless about. The losses from overbetting (1st sign), chasing to make it all better (2nd sign) and trying new systems or new gurus that may put you further behind (3rd sign).
    Many of you may find yourself in a similar situation- many of you may feel helpless in empowering yourself to take steps to overcome your demons. Stopping for a few days to catch your breath can help. But you feel the call of looking for something of value to bet on. It is the A word- So many of you can relate. It is not pleasant - but many people out there are scrapping for food with coupons while you gamble hundreds away. Yes- a select few have mastered the art of a winning year. But I would say well over 75 percent has not. I do not see the maturity in the words of many members to see a winning attitude. The thread on last nights San Antonio Detroit game is consistent with this belief.
    We are what we think- we are what we do. If Ripple, or anyone who says they need time away from the man or the machine which brings a person closer to the man- then wish em well. It is good business to take stock of yourself and ask if this action serves your betterment and those around you.
    I wish all of you all -a great summer and continued comaraderie
    See ya in the Fall- maybe. SPEARIT
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Good luck to you Spearit and hope to hear from you down the road.

Comment

Good luck Searit - hope to cross paths with you again this fall
      2010 One play a day record
      22-19-1 51%
      +0.74 units
      Passes: 7 days
      Streak: L2

Comment

You've been a fun, positive presence around here, Spearit! Hurry back!

Comment

Tcare Spear and you are doing what is best for you and the family ... We will see you again ... Good Luck pal and you will be missed ...

Comment

See ya next week buddy. JK :bestwishe

Comment

Spearit

I for one can feel your pain. With the wife and the time on this site.

I went through the samething around 3 months ago. I was spending time here and not with the "love of my life." I have renewed that and we are a happy family again. Just like when we got married or even before. The Bonus is we have two great gifts along with over 15 years of each other.

It is hard to control yourself. If anyone doesn't believe that their crazy.

Now I'm coaching my sons T-Ball and this fall will be the coach of his Hockey team.

Nice to see you have realized this also. Family is million times more (Even more then that, But I used that number). Then Gambling or anyone on this site. I'm not saying I don't like the people on here. Just saying they aren't even in the same League has my family.

GL with everything you do in life. Take care of the important things and not the little things. If one day you make it back. I will see you then.

If not well like you and I both know Gambling really isn't that important when you look at the whole picture.
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Spear, can you do me a favor please?? Can you take Bryan with you??? I will owe you big time ... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
                  Spear, can you do me a favor please?? Can you take Bryan with you??? I will owe you big time ... Thanks

1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Best Pick You Have Made Ever. This Is The Only Lock You'll Ever Post Smart Move My Friend. Gl And Godbless See You In The Fall
                    2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
                    2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
                    2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Spear, take care of your family your internet family will always be here!
                      RED LIGHT UP THAT CIGAR

Comment

Your doing the right thing!! Family comes first. this site and alot of us will always be around, missing time spent with your family, is something you can never get back!!!
                        Hope you're able to comeback football season, if not, takecare buddy!!!!
                        "Sometimes it's not what you play, but what you don't play."

Comment

One more thing Spear and I will leave you alone .. But after you are married 31yrs like my wife and I are .. she will bless the time you are on here .... hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Homer

Family is million times more (Even more then that, But I used that number). Then Gambling or anyone on this site.

This maybe true for you homer but its definatly not true for me.

Sincerely,

Spark
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Spear take care buddy looking forward to seeing you when NFL starts
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                              X