Selling Sports Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Sports Cards

I am looking at selling a sports card collection of mine from the 70's and 80's.

Anyone have an idea on how to do this? WHo can I contact to get the best value?

Find some suckers on ebay.

Comment

My Sons (2 of em) Manage stores called Vintage Stock here in Tulsa...Thats what they do for a living.....I'm sure they could guide you as to what the value is, may buy em from you, or sell em for you...kapt

My Son at the Store in Broken Arrow ok---Sloan
      Son at 41st and Yale is Steen---in Tulsa Ok---Broken Arrow is a suburb of Tulsa..

Name of co. is Vintage Stock---call up info---get the #'s and ask for Sloan Manning or Steen Manning--tell em their Old Dad(Karl) sent you-

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Expect to get no more than 10% of the listed value back for the cards. I had a collection awhile back and it was impossible to sell. People offering $10 for $300 mint condition cards and shit. I don't think you will ever get book value or even close to it so expect to be low balled ...... BIG TIME! I didn't sell my cards from when i was a kid because i refused to just give them away like that. I heard going to trade shows is the best way. Ebay might work well too. I would probably try that.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          Expect to get no more than 10% of the listed value back for the cards. I had a collection awhile back and it was impossible to sell. People offering $10 for $300 mint condition cards and shit. I don't think you will ever get book value or even close to it so expect to be low balled ...... BIG TIME! I didn't sell my cards from when i was a kid because i refused to just give them away like that. I heard going to trade shows is the best way. Ebay might work well too. I would probably try that.
          You'll get about 25% of book value on eBay.

Comment

if anyone is interested i have a autograph 8X10 photo of stan musial for sale so please let me know.

thanks seaofred
            I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Originally posted by spinner
              I am looking at selling a sports card collection of mine from the 70's and 80's.

Anyone have an idea on how to do this? WHo can I contact to get the best value?
              Spinner,

I'd defintely take advantage of Kman's sons. The card industry has changed drastically over the last few years. They could probably explain PSA or BGS grading and if it would be worth the cost of having done, Beckett Price Guides, etc., to let you weigh your options.

As a few of the others have said, it's certainly a buyer's market nowadays with Ebay primarily responsible for bringing prices down.

Comment

Originally posted by DKIA
                Spinner,

I'd defintely take advantage of Kman's sons. The card industry has changed drastically over the last few years. They could probably explain PSA or BGS grading and if it would be worth the cost of having done, Beckett Price Guides, etc., to let you weigh your options.

As a few of the others have said, it's certainly a buyer's market nowadays with Ebay primarily responsible for bringing prices down.
                Cards came way down before ebay. The cards got ruined because the card companies got greedy by making so many damn different sets, specials etc. Burned a lot of people out including myself. Plus the new price guides that started coming out monthly jacking the prices up so quick hurt it as well.

Comment

I had a book value of about 8 grand sold all of it for 700 dollars.. You get what someone is willing to pay.

Comment

One more thing the YANKS SUCK!

Comment

Get A Copy Of Sports Collectors ******, "scd", Good Newspaper To Use For Sources Who Are Interested In Buying, If You Live Or Travel To Major League Cities Break Your Cards Down To Those Areas And Hustle Them In The Big Shops, Local Interest Means Alot In Iterest, I. E. Denny Mclain, In Detroit, Larkin In Cinn, Etc
                      Last edited by BUD GREGG; 05-29-2005, 11:48 PM. Reason: MISSED WORD

Comment

Working...
                      X