Friday Baseball - 5/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Baseball - 5/20

1-2 on the day Wednesday, losing the 1 and 2 stars and hitting the 3 star to drop .30 of a unit. Two very big plays for me today. I'm laying more juice than I normally ever do, but I really love these two games.....

MLB

5 STAR PARLAY: ST. LOUIS / TEXAS
    (Listing Mulder, Greinke, Rogers and Backe)
    (Risking $500 to win $758)

5 STAR: St. Louis (-$162) OVER KANSAS CITY
    (Listing Mark Mulder and Zack Greinke)

5 STAR: TEXAS (-180) OVER Houston
    (Listing Kenny Rogers and Brandon Backe)

3 STAR PARLAY: ST. LOUIS (-1.5) / TEXAS (-1.5)
    (Listing Mulder, Greinke, Rogers and Backe)
    (Risking $300 to win $901)

* ALL LISTED PITCHERS MUST START *

2005 MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 16-17-1 (+5.47 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 19-11 (+26.33 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 34-46-1 (-21.13 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 17-35(-16.14 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 86-109-1 (-5.46 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be down $546

Analysis:

Houston Astros @ Texas Rangers

The Astros have been horrible on the road this season where they have only won two games to go with sixteen losses. The Astros are also a league worst 3-11 against left handed starting pitchers and they are up against lefty Kenny Rogers who leads the American League in ERA at 1.49. Rogers is also 2-0 in his career against Houston and the probable lineup that the Astros will put on the field for this game have a career batting average of .193 against Kenny Rogers. The only two hitters that have had any success against Rogers are Jose Vizcaino and Lance Berkman; and Berkman is batting less than .200 this season since returning from his knee injury. Here are the lifetime batting averages of the Astros versus Rogers: Brad Ausmus (2/14 .143), Lance Berkman (3/9 .333), Craig Biggio (1/15 .067), Morgan Ensberg (1/3 .333), Adam Everett (0/4 .000), Jose Vizcaino (4/12 .333), Willie Tavarez, Jason Lane, and Mike Lamb have not faced Kenny Rogers. The only way to say it, is that the Astros' offense is horrible. They are 29th in Major League Baseball in runs scored and their team batting average is only .240. Against left handed pitchers that average drops to .211 and on the road that average drops down to just .205! I just don't see them doing much in this game. Houston starting pitcher Brandon Backe pitched very well in his last start, a complete game shutout against the Giants, but I don't see him having the same success here. Backe has struggled on the road where he is 0-2 with and ERA 7.44, allowing 30 hits and 19 runs in 23 innings of work. The Rangers are one of the best hitting teams in the league against right handed starters, and Backe is also pitching in a physically down cycle for this game. Texas was shutout in their last game against the White Sox, and the Rangers are 2-0 this season after being shutout, and they are 14-5 this season coming off of a loss. I look for the Rangers to do some damage in this one!

St. Louis Cardinals @ Kansas City Royals

The Cardinals should have their way with the Royals in this matchup. Kansas City is only 5-10 this season against left handed starters, and they are one of the worst offensive teams in Major League Baseball with a team batting average that is 29th in the major league at just .240. The Cardinals new ace Mark Mulder has owned this team in the past. Mulder is 8-1 with an ERA of 2.40 in ten career starts against the Royals. Kansas City sends their promising young pitcher Zack Greinke to the mound against St. Louis. Greinke is 0-4 on the season with a respectable ERA of 3.09, but this is the best offensive team that he has faced this season. Greinke's ERA also jumps up to 4.81 in night games and he is also pitching in a physically down cycle for this game. St. Louis has won five of the last six meetings with the Royals in Kansas City and the Royals are only 3-17 this season when playing a team with a winning record. Kansas City is also 0-2 this season and only 6-12 the last three seasons as a home underdog of $150 to $175. Coming off of a series loss to the Phillies, I like the Cards to roll in this game!

***** Biorhythm Pitcher Report *****

These pitchers are pitching Physically Down today:

Brandon Backe
    Daniel Cabrera
    Zack Greinke
    Jake Peavy
    Freddy Garcia
    Kevin Millwood

Physically down pitchers are now 88-102 this season.

Good luck,
    John

GL today EZ!
    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Nice info.
      Best of Luck EZ!

Comment

Good luck on the Cards and Texas my man---kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Best of luck on the plays and great write-ups EZ!! Let's cash em in today!!

Comment

Good Luck EZ!

Comment

John GL buddy

Comment

Good Luck John!!

Comment

Gl John Looks Solid
                  2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
                  2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
                  2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Good Luck EZ
                    On the Outside Looking In

Comment

GL today John
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Gl Ez!
                        2010: 23-12 +37.8
                        2011: 4-0 + 20
                        09-11 5*s and up: 34-7

Comment

Thanks for write up, GL on your 5-stars picks

Comment

With you on both of these!!...lets cash some tickets!!!
                            Goodluck today John!!!!
                            "Sometimes it's not what you play, but what you don't play."

Comment

GL today John,

I love that St. Louis play!

Comment

Working...
                              X