3 Wise Men MLB Thursday 5/19/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wise Men MLB Thursday 5/19/05

---- Last night you could have all cleaned up on the Grand Slam Parlay ( 4 or 5 teamer depending on how you individually played it ) … EVEN THOUGH THE YANKEES LOST !!! I’ll explain why . File this one under the category of “ Advanced Hedging Techniques “ ….
    The Mets won in the afternoon . Baltimore ML , Toronto RL and Arizona RL were all leading at 10:00 PM EST …. With a little foresight you could have made a straight 100 bet on SEATTLE +175 creating the opportunity for a nice pay out regardless. On a 50 fazool 5 teamer, 475 is returned. If the Yanks lose you lose 50 for the parlay but earn 175 on Seattle =+ 125. If the Yanks win you earn 475 less 100 for the Seattle loss = +375

HoweverThere Was One Glitch …. if Baltimore or Toronto or Arizona get rallied on and go down you lose both 50 and 100 … But we’ve already won a bunch yesterday before The Yankee Game started. It’s a judgment call on your part.

If you were riding a 4 teamer instead of a 5 then you’d have scaled down the Seattle bet accordingly.

If your parlay was 200 for 1000 +/- of course the Seattle hedge would have been larger should you choose to hedge at all.

The above was not the most ideal situation to hedge .Grand Slam Hedging is most effective when your games are staggered throughout the day and evening … with the last game starting AFTER the 1st 3 final scores have already been determined. College football and basketball are the most ideal sports for this on a Saturday when games start at Noon and continue all the way into the following morning. Try to maneuver so that the 1st 3 games are in the bank and you have the clear cut option to guarantee a payout by wagering on the other side of the late game 4th leg or letting it ride for the jackpot. Hell with line changes theoretically you can even MIDDLE the whole damn thing. Think of it .

I’ve hit 3 legs of a Grand Slam a few times and I’ve always hedged the 4th game . I’ve created can’t lose situations where I could either win 3,000 or win 1,500 . I just feel that if the 1st 3 have won then I deserve a guaranteed payment. BTW it’s a good thing I hedged because I would have lost most of those parlays.

Note that if either of the 1st 2 games lose it’s important not to chase … just accept the parlay loss .. you can certainly make it up in other ways.

----- On a different note altogether … I’m older that most of you guys … I soooo envy you I really do …. but I see there is a lot of bile spewing about Giambi and Mesa and you have good reason. But please try to avoid letting yourselves get upset over STRANGERS. Becoming even remotely involved with teams and their mercenaries clouds business judgment. Treat THEM as statistics only … they should all mean nothing to us on a personal level. If you were down on your luck and you asked Jeter or Shaq or Peyton Manning to spot you 500 to feed your family they would have you arrested on the spot for harassment. Enjoy sports but treasure you families, friends , careers and most of all yourselves.

The Plays for Thursday: All on the Money Line

1* St. Louis +105

1* Bare Minimum Play Colorado ( try to lay –120 or less )

1* Toronto +110

Hi Line Plays for a possible parlay:

Detroit –160
    Toronto RL ( +1 ½ - 185 ) By Far this is the strongest of the 3 high line plays
    Baltimore –165

Wednesday Result: 5-2 on * rated plays. All 3 of our Top Plays Won !! (And 3-1 in the high line Parlay. … Grrrrrrr.)

1* Pittsburgh -110 Loss

2* NY Mets IF you can lay –140 or less OR Mets –1 Run and –105 Won, Either Way

1* Florida -115 Won

1 ½* St. Louis -115 Won

2* Angels of Anaheim -135 Won

1* Angels of Anaheim Run Line ( -1 ½ +130 ) Loss

1* Detroit -135 Won

Parlay : 4 or 5 Teamer depending on The Mets … if you use The Mets as 1 of the plays above then do not include them in the parlay.

Mets –145 or –150 ( IF you aren’t making them a 2* play above ) Won
    Arizona Run Line ( +1 ½ -175 ) Won
    Baltimore -165 Won
    Toronto Run Line ( +1 ½ -170 ) Won
    Yankees -180 Loss

For the 5 teamer 50 returns 475
    For the 4 teamer ( no Mets ) 50 returns 260

The Record: Moneys are listed first on a flat 100 per game, then on a 100/ Star basis.

4*

3 ½*

3* ….. 3-0 ….. +300 ….. +900

2 ½* ….. 1-0 ….. +100 ….. +250

2* ….. 9-7 ….. even ….. even

1 ½* ….. 13-7 ….. +525 ….. +790

1* ….. 35 -36 ….. -510 ….. -510

½* ….. 16-6 ….. +1105 ….. +550

Summary of all plays:

77 - 56 overall

Flat 100 / game : +1,520

100 / Star : +1,980

High Line Parlays -100

Run Line Plays: 21-13 (already factored in with the above rundown )

Good Luck Us ,

Coverboy

Great Job yesterday! Keep up the good work WISEMEN! NICE ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Good Luck today Guys!!!

Comment

Gl Today Guys!! Cb, I Actually Hedged With A Seattle Bet, But I Thought You Guys Would Be Against That. I Put Enough On Seattle To Cover My Parlay Bet...i, Like You, Think It's A Good Idea, But I Know Some People Would Call Us Pu**ies...i'll Keep Doing It Though Especially After Reading Your Intro To Today's Post. Thanks For All Your Hard Work 3 Wm, It Is Definitely Paying Off.

Comment

Thanks and good luck!
          Control what you can control...

Comment

Sflinsj

Way to go !!! ... be selective and try to have those first games in the bank before you pull the trigger on the 4th game.

Always nice hearing from you

Continued success

-cb

Comment

Griff / Ki / Mike1

Thanks Guys

Enjoy

-cb

Comment

WISEMEN ON FIRE !! :uzi: THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK CB ! GL TODAY !

Comment

Neil, as always great post.

First, any member that has the option of hedging you'd be a fool not to take it. As Neil is aware, I played the Pistons to win their series with the Pacers in 6 games at +405. I took the Pacers tonight at +240. I'll win 305 or 140. To let me original wager 'ride' is a poor business decision. Gambling has to be treated like a business.

Regarding Giambi, Mesa et al. I agree. Don't allow your emotions interfere with your capping. If you are a fan of a certain team NEVER bet on or against that team. Chances are your not capping that game rationally.

After a tough loss some bettors chase. Others get pissed and play against that team the next game. Identify and recongnize which type you are. Learn to accept loses. Learn from your loses.

Comment

Coverboy, do you play your parlays for a unit or half a unit? I have been playing them for half a unit and have been wondering if they are usually played for a full unit?

Thanks, and I was able to hedge a little bit on the M's last night too!
                    Last edited by lowrider66; 05-19-2005, 11:03 AM.
                    Control what you can control...

Comment

Gl Guys
                      2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
                      2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
                      2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Best of luck today guys and keep up the great work!!

Comment

FrankieB

Well said ... Everyone has his / her own Philosophy and ours is keep the cash register ringing and grind it out of them slowly and methodically.

Younger members in Our 3 Wise Men Camp ... think long term ... nothing wrong a shoebox loaded with Fazools which you very well can have over the next 5 years or so. Believe me it adds up ! Just have a plan and stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoverBoy
                            Well said ... Everyone has his / her own Philosophy and ours is keep the cash register ringing and grind it out of them slowly and methodically.

Younger members in Our 3 Wise Men Camp ... think long term ... nothing wrong a shoebox loaded with Fazools which you very well can have over the next 5 years or so. Believe me it adds up ! Just have a plan and stick with it.
                            The best attribute a sports bettor can have is patience.

Comment

Ki66

Our moneys are earned by straight bets ... Parlays are to be played for bite size ... and once in a while a little sweetness comes our way.

Concentrate on the straight star plays - that's the bread and butter.

and please dont dilute your bankroll with cowboy stuff.

We throw in the parlays for a little extra excitement .. they are definite plays from our system but we just dont like laying more than -135 or 140 tops. So we take those hi line plays and make a small hook up with them.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X