C. Biggio 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .301
    L. Berkman lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .125
    M. Ensberg 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .301
    J. Vizcaino 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .243
    A. Everett ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .231
    B. Ausmus c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .234
    B. Backe p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .231
    Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The injury bug is gnawing away at the bankrolls of San Francisco Giants backers. With Barry Bonds out until at least July, closer Armando Benitez likely gone for the season, and ace Jason Schmidt on the DL with a shoulder injury, the Giants have dropped 2.15 units with their 18-18 record. However, General Manger Brain Sabean insists that things could be a lot worse.

“We've probably won more than our share of games that we shouldn't have won,” he told the San Jose Mercury News. “I know a win's a win, but you're looking for consistency. You're looking for those days that you pitch, play defense and get timely hitting. Whether we've won or lost, we haven't had many of those days - and there are many days that we missed two out of the three.”

While the Giants are anxiously awaiting the return of their home run king, offense hasn’t been the problem. San Francisco’s sluggers have been hitting at a combined .270 clip, the 11th best effort in baseball. But with a 4.64 ERA, the starting rotation leaves a lot to be desired and the bullpen has been downright horrid. The Giants relievers have already blown six of their 14 save opportunities in 2005.

Bettors might be tempted to think that this heavy hitting-poor pitching combo would be lining the pockets of over backers, but high totals have actually made San Francisco the No. 11 under team in baseball with a 16-19-1 over/under ratio.

Southpaw Jeff Fassero makes just his second start of the season for the Giants tonight. Normally a reliever, Fassero made his first start last Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates and gave up one hit, no runs and no walks through five innings. The Giants lost the tilt 5-2 as –113 favorites.

Houston

The Houston Astros batting lineup is starting to show some signs of life. After averaging 1.6 runs through their last seven outings, the Astros managed a 4-1 win over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday as –170 favorites. It was their highest run total since a 9-4 loss to Atlanta on May 5 as +137 underdogs.

"Did we get four today?" Craig Biggio jokingly asked the Houston Chronicle. "What an outbreak. We got some big hits. Four was enough today. Hopefully it'll be a positive for tomorrow. When you're not scoring a lot of runs for a week, it gets tough."

All jokes aside, the Houston batting lineup is still very much a work in progress. Lance Berkman, who knocked out a solo homer for the Astros in the sixth, told reporters that he still isn’t happy with his swing. The 29-year-old is hampered by the after-effects of knee surgery that kept him out of action for the first 27 games of the season. Manager Phil Garner has been moving Biggio all over the lineup attempting to create a spark. In Houston’s last five games he’s gone from batting No.2, to the leadoff spot, to No. 3 hole.

The Astros currently sport baseball’s fourth-worst team batting average hitting a combined .243. Of course, that’s been just dandy for under bettors. Houston is the seventh-best under team in the majors with a 16-20-0 over/under ratio. Six of its last seven have resulted in unders.

Right-handed pitcher Brandon Backe takes the hill for Houston tonight. The 27-year-old has struggled his way to a 6.05 ERA this season, but gave up just three hits and one run to the Florida Marlins last Tuesday in six innings. The ‘Stros lost the contest 6-2 at +151

Comment

You must be bored.

Thanks, though.

Now go vote down that trade again. I've voted 3 times. It never tells me whether my vote was accepted or not.
      Every
      Villain
      Is
      Lemons

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
        You must be bored.

Thanks, though.

Now go vote down that trade again. I've voted 3 times. It never tells me whether my vote was accepted or not.
        Trying to help the degenerates out and kill some time before Contender. Ok off to ***** to do some more rejecting!

Comment

Guys i voted against it...its officially vetoed now
          Quitters Never Win, Winners Will NEVER Quit

Comment

Originally posted by SustainDan
            Guys i voted against it...its officially vetoed now
            Done deal.

Comment

Working...
            X