X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Tuesday

Record: 6-3 (+3.43)

Pick: Manchester United (+130) over Chelsea

I think the Red Devils will bounce back from an embarrassing draw last week with WBA. Ruud and Gary Neville should be back for this one and the squad should more closely resemble that which will play in the FA Cup Final in 2 weeks. In the meantime, I expect that Chelsea will rest a number of their regulars (John Terry has already been ruled out and Lampard has surgery next week) considering they already have the whole thing wrapped up and in the bag and are already discussing the possibility of going undefeated next year. I don't think Man U will allow Chelsea to break the all-time wins (28) and points (92) records that United hold and am hoping that Sir Alex uses the mathematical possibility for United to finish 2nd ahead of Arsenal as motivation.

My book is still offering this one at +130, but I just saw that it's down to +110 at Pinnacle, so the importance of shopping lines in soccer is evident.
    Last edited by ctt8410; 05-10-2005, 01:10 PM.

Game kicks off at 3:00 EST and can be seen live on Fox Sports en Espanol..

Comment

I have never playted soccer so do they have to win or is a tie a push?

Comment

Good Luck ctt
        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

The bet that I show above is a loss if the game ends in a draw. There is also the possibility of betting on ManU pk and -0.5 (1.84). This means that if I place my $200 wager on this spread then 100 of it is placed at -0.5 and 100 is on pickem. So if the game were to end in a draw, then I would push the pickem bet and lose the -0.5 bet. This bet gives a little insurance for the draw. Personally, I'm playing playing ManU to win outright.

Comment

Thanks and I am with u on them. GL.

Comment

Like the call bud. Bring it home
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

1-1 at halftime.

Tim Howard's not playing and his backup let in a goal....sucks.
                Posted Plays

2006 NFL Record: 10-8-1 (+11.21 units)
                5*: 1-0

2006 NCAA Football Record: 25-20 (+10.74 units)
                5*: 0-2

Comment

Working...
                X