question for board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for board?

Does anyone remember if the wind blowing in toward home plate is good or bad for a knuckleball pitcher. In det. tonight it's blowing in, light winds 8 to 12 mph.

a knuckleball pitcher wants to throw INTO the wind .. wants the seams to work

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
      a knuckleball pitcher wants to throw INTO the wind .. wants the seams to work
      Thanks spark i thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkngstn9
        Does anyone remember if the wind blowing in toward home plate is good or bad for a knuckleball pitcher. In det. tonight it's blowing in, light winds 8 to 12 mph.
        It worked in the movie 61* against Roger Maris!
        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Wind blowing out is good for movement on a knuckleball, but it's also good for pop flies to turn into homeruns. So I'd say wind blowing in favors Detroit tonight. I'm not saying Detroit's gonna win, but I think it favors them. Good luck whatever you do.

Comment

IMO wind blowing out has no effect on the knuckler. Why? With the pitcher that close to the stand I'd have to believe the stands block most of the outgoing wind.

Comment

wind blowing into a knuckleballer is a "Definite" advantage to the Pitcher....Ball has more resistance, thus more movement---problem sometimes is pitcher has an even harder time with control---If humidity is high---even more advantage to pitcher and less to hitter...kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

http://www.weather.com/outlook/event...=148339&epc=be
                "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

watching the Detroit/R Sox game, and believe it or not, they are discussing the same thing...

Both stated Pitcher has the advantage (knuckleballer)...kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by kmann
                    wind blowing into a knuckleballer is a "Definite" advantage to the Pitcher....Ball has more resistance, thus more movement---problem sometimes is pitcher has an even harder time with control---If humidity is high---even more advantage to pitcher and less to hitter...kapt
                    No doubt about it ..

Comment

I cant throw a knuckleball though I've been called a knucklehead numerous times. So I'll pass on answering this one
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                      X