Major League Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major League Soccer

While I often bet EPL games and some Champions League games, I rarely touch the MLS because of its level of parity (no team won more than half their games last year and the team with the best overall record, Columbus at 12-5-13, had only 2 more wins than the team with the worst overall record, Dallas at 10-14-6). This year, however, has different circumstances because of the addition of 2 expansion franchises, in particular Chivas USA. Chivas will be playing their first game outside of California this Saturday against the New England Revolution. In the previous 4 matches, Chivas have lost 2-0 to DC, 3-1 to Dallas, and 3-1 to Los Angeles, with a 3-3 draw against San Jose, surrendering the most goals in the league at 11. New England, on the other hand, have played 3 road matches so far this year and have won 3-0 at Chicago, 4-3 at DC, and tied 2-2 at San Jose. New England also won their only home game of the yearso far, 3-0 against Columbus and they lead the league with 12 goals in 4 games. Chivas will be playing their second straight match without their anchor in the back, Ryan Suarez, and will have to rely on offensive-minded Ezra Hendrickson and Orlando Perez in the back to shut down Twellman who looks to be returning to his 2002-2003 form. While the forecast calls for rain all day tomorrow and Gilette should be a pit, this should actually be useful for the Revs as Twellman will be allowed to cherry pick all day while Ralston serves balls in and Chivas will be forced to abandon their flashy one-on-one style for something more direct.

Just thought I'd share my insight, since that's what this board is all about. Personally, I'm taking New England -151 to win this game handily.
    Last edited by ctt8410; 04-29-2005, 03:18 PM.

you hit this right on the spot. been watching some mls, but you have a good point.
    I will join you in this money maker!
    I feel sorry for people that do not drink!
    Becouse when they wake up,
    thats as good as they are going to feel all day!

Comment

In case anyone is curious, here's what else I'm playing today (I'm trying out a new system for MLS and figured I would throw these plays out there):

This year so far: (0-0)
      All wagers placed on the moneyline

3* New England Revolution -151
      2* Colorado Rapids Even
      1* FC Dallas +240

Comment

sounds good I am on board list your epl plays when you have them too like to see them. thanks

Comment

Results:

3* New England W 1-0
          2* Colorado L 1-3
          1* Dallas L 0-2

Record: 1-2 (+0.00)

Finished 1-2 on the day but even money because the Revs came through in one that ended up being more of a nail-biter than it should have. They had 9 shots on goal to 2 for Chivas and 13 corners to none for Chivas. In the meantime, Chivas finished up 28-8 on the fouls. At one point in the game, I don't think the ball crossed into the Revs half for about 15 straight minutes with the exception of a few desperate clearances by Chivas, but that's how the game goes sometimes. I was a little surprised by the Metros upset of Colorado, but only because they scored more goals than they had all season up to that point. That result definitely confirmed that Chivas is by far the worst team in the league. Ruiz didn't put up much of a fight against his old team, but LA is tough at home.

For tomorrow, I'm playing the following:

Tottenham -105
          Man U -147

both for the same amount, but I won't include those in my record because I'm trying to track just these MLS games.

Comment

nice plays with the spurs and united missed the spur game but hit the united hard only played the revolution yesterday nice call again.

Comment

I'm adding a small play (about 1/4 of the two above) on the draw (+250) tomorrow in the Arsenal-West Brom match. If West brom can catch a point here then they'll be level with Crystal Palace and Southampton in a race to avoid relegation. In the meantime, Arsenal will be without Henry and Ljungberg and possibly Sol Campbell. While Arsenal is still the better side regardless, their only concern at this point is where they finish in relation to the red devils as they can no longer catch Chelsea. These 2 teams played once earlier in the season and drew 1-1 at Highbury on November 20. The Baggies are 4-5-8 at The Hawthorns and 3-0-4 in their last seven.

Comment

Champions League Today:

I'm going with Liverpool to take this one and move on to the CL final. Chelsea wrapped up the Premiership this past weekend and are bound to be emotionally drained and a bit complacent after celebrating their first championship in 50 years. In addition, Chelsea have dropped their past 3 away matches in Champions League play but have managed to advance based on their excellent play at Stamford Bridge. This time, however, Chelsea require an excellent showing on the road or else their CL campaign is done. In meantime, Liverpool have won their past 3 Champions league matches in Anfield and are 4-0-1 in their past five and it should be rocking today. I look for a lowscoring affair in this one that may end in a draw, but with Damien Duff and Arjen Robben both doubtful for Chelsea, it should be Liverpool who capitalize.

Take Liverpool pk and +0.5 (+102)

Comment

and in case anyone is interested, the match will be shown on ESPN2 today at 2:45 EST.

Comment

GL to ya..the Kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Liverpool wins 1-0.. It was low-scoring as I expected, but still an exciting match to watch, thought Chelsea had a great chance to equalize in the second half but Dudek was outstanding.. Not sure yet if I like tomorrow's CL match, but we'll see..

3-1 in EPL and CL for about +2.75

Comment

Nice call on Liverpool Congrats
                        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Yes!! Nice win!!! I will be in Liverpool next week!
                          "3 Stacks of High Society."

Comment

Working...
                          X