Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What teams were left out of the NCAA Tournament that shouldnt have been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must have been good enough to get them in.
    BC went 1-1 U Conn, 0-2 Syracuse, 0-1 Notre Dame, 0-1 Pitt. They lost to St. Joes, Holy Cross, Kent St., and Northeastern and Rutgers(which Auburn beat) and had big wins against Boston U, U Mass,Harvard, Iowa St., Stony Brook, and NC St(which is over rated). So by my calculations BC has only beat 2 tourny teams also, U Conn and NC ST. I never said that Auburn's non confrence schedule was loaded. I am just trying to explain that RPI and strength of schedule are as important than conf. record and the SEC helped Auburn strength of schedule to get them in. Case in point with Alabama. they have a losing record in the conf and still get in. Auburn has beat 3 tourny teams, don't forget Troy St. I like this kind of debating. We could keep this up till next years tournament. Like you said , if conf. wins counted for something then Alabama would be out, and BC would be in.

Comment

It's funny that you fail to argue any other fuck up they did that i mentioned probably cause there is no explanation and every year your right there is always teams left out but this year they screwed everything up way beyond just the teams chosen and i'm not even a B.C. fan look at my bio i'm a true blue tar heel fan.....i know they suck lately, but i feel if a team is 10-6 in conference and wins it then one of those 2 SEC schools should have been bumped for them and Auburn played 1 non conference road game worth a shit and got spanked against Western Kentucky by 19 compared to B.C. going in to big 12 country at Iowa St and in ACC country against NC St and played St Joes and at Kent St who when they played them was a pretty hyped team so they might have only gone 2-2 in those games but 3 were on the road against big conference teams can Auburn say that NO every crap team they played out of conference was at home where they wanted to make sure they wouldn't lose and it's funny you bring up Holy Cross cause they almost pulled off the biggest shocker ever a year or 2 ago and beat B.C. at home by 1 and are also in the tourney with a 26-4 record and no one but B.C. dared to play them this year everyone turned them down so i'm still waiting for a reason why they are in besides saying joe blow thinks so....so i will too cause he must be right.....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I didn't make up Auburn's schedule, and I do not disagree with you on the NCAA fuck ups. I was just trying to make a point that the NCAA ask teams to do what they say to get in the tourny and follow there guidelines. If you follow there guidlines and your a bubble team you probably get in, if you don't then your out. Who knows why they choose the at larges that they do. Maybe one day it will be a fair system, but until then we just have to live with it. The NCAA fucks up ever year at this time. Did you think things were going to be diff. this time.

Comment

I'm with you it's just frustrating that some teams get screwed and we know we could easily do a better job in 5 minutes GUARANTEED! I don't know how they can sit there for days talking about it then spit this shit out.:confused: Thanks for the debate it's fun to sling shit back and forth and i appreciate your time for discussion, it's what March Madness is all about! :D

Comment

I agree, this is what makes March Madness what it is. Good luck in the tourney with your picks and let makes some cash. My team in your pool is the Brick Mason's.
            Last edited by CRL9; 03-17-2003, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I actually think Auburn may beat St. Joe in the 1st round...

Comment

I think this will be a crazy upset special tourney. Play the dogs!!
                Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

I like Weber St. +7

Comment

Working...
                  X