A question about BIG favorites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about BIG favorites.

I understand the conventional wisdom of betting the run line on Big Favs rather then laying the wood. But does it seem that play may be in taking the dog +1.5? or just staying away.
    It seems like time and time again laying the 1.5 has been biting bettors in the ass.

I just feel that oddsmakers know the run line gets alot of play in games with big favs. So you must go against what they expect "us" to do.

I'm just looking for opinions or stats....
    Remember the three R's:
    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

I have never been a big fan of run lines in baseball (unless you are taking the dog at +1.5). For my money if you want to maximize value on a heavy favorite a parlay is the best way to go (just my opinion). I have found that I would rather take 2 or 3 nice size favorites (150+) and hope for the best on a nice payout 2 or 3 to 1 and never get killed when a big chalk bites the big one as compared to laying the wood or having to win by 2 runs. Just my personal preference though I am sure there are many other opinions. gl to you rwall

PS: I have no stats but I am sure Frank or Coverboy might!

OBE

Comment

I am not a big run line bettor ..however i have tried it this year a few times when following chuck....I however do not bet a home team on the run line....

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
        I understand the conventional wisdom of betting the run line on Big Favs rather then laying the wood. But does it seem that play may be in taking the dog +1.5? or just staying away.
        It seems like time and time again laying the 1.5 has been biting bettors in the ass.

I just feel that oddsmakers know the run line gets alot of play in games with big favs. So you must go against what they expect "us" to do.

I'm just looking for opinions or stats....
        I've said it before and I'll say it again. NEVER play the home favorite on RL. They lose their final at bat if they're winning.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
          I am not a big run line bettor ..however i have tried it this year a few times when following chuck....I however do not bet a home team on the run line....
          Betting a home dog + 1 1/2 is OK

Comment

Another point. On most nights there's 15 games to choose from. Find another game to bet.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
              Betting a home dog + 1 1/2 is OK
              right...i should have rephrased and said i never lay runs at home....

Comment

never bet a home fave -1.5.....they'll get u every time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                  right...i should have rephrased and said i never lay runs at home....
                  Tony, I knew what you meant. I only wanted to clarify for other members.

Comment

Working...
                  X