why the suprise? yanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why the suprise? yanks

Randy johnson is 41-42 yrs old, kevin brown is 40 and broken down for 3 yrs now. Mussina is getting up there (36?).
    They signed pavano who had 1 good year in his carrer and might have been a flash in the pan year. How do you give a guy 10 million a yr after 1 good yr.? Whats his name they signed from atlanta was a bust-out in cleveland with 2 surgeries. He had a nice comeback with atlanta last year,but to thow all that money on an injury prone,dissapointing,pitcher.
    Their starting pitching sux as does their bullpen.
    Solid dtarting lineup offensively,but alot of egos.

i hope you are correct.....i just know the yanks are still the yanks.....Go Sox!!

Comment

Anybody elses opinion on this? would anyone really be suprised if the yanks only won 81-89 games this year?

Comment

With their lineup they can out hit anyone. I would be surprised if that is all the games they won!! And this coming from someone who can't stand the yankees.

Comment

i still see the yankees winning 92-97 games.....they do have a solid lineup and it is only a matter of time until their pitchers hit their stride...i would love to see them only win in the 80's, but i think that would be just wishful thinking....

Comment

Here is a predicition from me: Over the next few years at least it is more likely that Yankees won't even make the playoffs than their winning a World Series.
            Call it wishful thinking, but thats the way I see it.

Comment

What ever the Yankees need, Stienbrenner will go buy.the Yankees will be there at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by moondog22
                What ever the Yankees need, Stienbrenner will go buy.the Yankees will be there at the end.
                Money can only buy so much;it doesn't buy chemistry(eg ARod), it can't turn back player's ages and it can't prevent injuries.
                Last edited by savage1; 04-24-2005, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Bottom Line Thier Starting Pitchers Are Very Old (mussina,brown, Johnson)-and Over-rated(jaret Wright, Carl Pavano) Thier Pen Sux.
                  Thier Offense Is Potentially Awesome. Best In Baseball On Paper.
                  Will Not Be Dominant This Year. I Certainly Would Never Take Them As 200 Or More Favs

Comment

Working...
                  X