3 Wise Men MLB Saturday 4/23/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wise Men MLB Saturday 4/23/05

Took it in the gut last night . Please hang in there and play conservatively until we get our bearings. It’s a long season so please pace yourselves.

There was a question about the White Sox being a play when the line moved to -135 yesterday. The answer is yes although we wont count it as a win for the record.

If we list a game as too high and the line moves down to 140, 135 etc. it does become a play.

Saturday’s Plays:

1 ½ * Mets -140 ( Cris posted a 140 just a few minutes ago )

1* LA Dodgers -135

1* Arizona Run Line ( +1 ½ -135 )

1* Minnesota -110

1* Texas Run Line ( +1 ½ -135 )

3* White Sox Even

Yesterday’s Results

2* LA Dodgers –140 (be careful with 140 faves … use judgment ) Loss

1* San Diego at Even Loss

1* Minnesota + 115 Loss

1 * Toronto -110 Loss

Note: There are 2 plays with high lines and you might want to consider making a light 2 team parlay on the following:

2* Mets -150 W

1 ½* White Sox -150 W

The Record: Moneys are listed first on a flat 100 per game, then on a 100/ Star basis.

High Line Parlays 1-0

4*

3 ½*

3*

2 ½*

2* 0-1 -140 -280

1 ½*

1* 0-3 -310

Good Luck as always,

Coverboy

GL my friend,

Sincerely,
    Ass Man

Comment

Good Luck guys
      "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
      is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Gl Today Guys
        2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
        2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
        2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

gl wisemen!
          Control what you can control...

Comment

Met line is going down ... I see -130 's out there.

Feel terrible about yesterday but just got off the phone with Frankie B and he told me the Whitesox moved to -135 yesterday and The Mets went to -140. These became real plays for us.

I hope some of you did wind up playing those sides. It would make me feel a whole lot better if you did.

-cb

Comment

Originally posted by CoverBoy

Feel terrible about yesterday but just got off the phone with Frankie B and he told me the Whitesox moved to -135 yesterday and The Mets went to -140. These became real plays for us.

I hope some of you did wind up playing those sides. It would make me feel a whole lot better if you did.

-cb
              I did brother!!! I follow all of your plays.
              "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
              is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Neil, I know for record keeping purposes we try to be fair with other members. With Pinnancle the White Sox became a play early yesterday monrning. I played the Sox -140 @ 10:30 am. The Mets were a borderline play at the same time. I played them -142.

You raised a good point yesterday. The borderline plays due to high lines are a very good parlay opportunity. If memory service me correctly last season you hit a 6-team parlay using the high line 3 Wise Men plays.

Comment

I Did Buddy (cws And Mets) Gl Today, Stay Positive And Please Keep Em Coming !

Comment

-cb
                    I played it as a parlay, just as you suggested. Hopefully, you'll count that in your units won, since you did suggest playing a parlay.

I won $907.50 on a wager of $500.
                    Every
                    Villain
                    Is
                    Lemons

Comment

-cb
                      CB,

I say don't worry about it. Just think if the lines would have stayed high, you recommended those plays at 2* and 1.5* and both those teams lost! This may happen during the season, and you would have saved us more $$ than we would have won yesterday.

Card looks good today.
                      Control what you can control...

Comment

It's going to be difficult getting the Mets game in today. It's been raining steadily since 9am and it's been pouring for the past hour. It's supposed to rain through until tomorrow morning.
                        Every
                        Villain
                        Is
                        Lemons

Comment

Goodluck today gang!!!
                          "Sometimes it's not what you play, but what you don't play."

Comment

Minnesota - postponed because of SNOW

Comment

CB, I passed the Mets and White Sox (regrettably not doing a parlay either) but it's ok because your precautionary post took me OFF Boston, great job all around and thanks for all of the work that you and the entire 3 WiseMen put into mlb at bettorschat. With ya big time on the White Sox tonight. bol pal
                              OBE

Comment

Working...
                              X