KonSenseUs Ratings/Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KonSenseUs Ratings/Rules

I'm gonna throw this out there to try and help all understand how a game is rates, and some rules/guidelines we've established...You can still use this tool as you see fit...

Abbreviations/Meanings

POD-pick of the day--by highest * rating--doesn't have to meet any certain #, just the one with the most...

Early/Late POD--those games as designated by schedule--split into Early Games/Late Games..I'll be breking em down on a daily basis by schedule...Times change on games start time, so we'el have to adjust...Example, just 1 early game, rest late, thus just 1 POD today....

Multiple Early/Late games with same high * ratings...When multiple games 2 or more, in one section (early or late) have the same high * ratings, they are not PODS, they become Best Bats...This only happens when the games are in the same time section....

BestBet---games that either tie for high * ratings, in the same time frame, or games that are second in * ratings to the POD..

Posting Time---has to be in 1 hr 10 minutes before start time, or it doesn't count in the record/ratings for PODS/BestBets

Lines--"ALL" games with a line of -155 or better are not considered to be a part of the straight line totals....They will be called POPARS...

POPARS--lines of -155 or greater will be thrown in to the POPAR section, for "Potential Parlays"...If theres only 2, it's automaticly a parlay...if theres 3, use your own discretion...If theres 4, then the parlays will join together by time/line sheet #.....Then again--you can mix/match em as you see fit...

Won/Lost record---please backtrack and update post your own won/lost record....I need to do my own also...Those that want to compile the cappers records, can do as they see fit..I kinda like the way some are trying to catch each other....

Lines--please try and show your lines when posting....

Listed Pitchers----when there is a change of pitchers, it's automaticly a "NO PLAY"...this is too complex to start scrambling and catch up.....

Heres how the 8 ratings are derived.....will be show as 4-1 (1*), denotes 4 for 1 team, 1 against, = a 1* play.....

1-0 = (1*), 2-0 = (2*), 3-0 = (3*), and so on

1-1, 2-1, 3-1, = (No PLay), 4-1 = (1*), 5-1 = (2*), 6-1 = (3*), 7-1 = (4*), 8-1 = (5*), 9-1 = (6*), 10-1 = (7*), 11-1 = (8*), 12-1 = (9*), 13-1 = (10*), 14-1 = (11*), 15-1 = (12*)

2-2, 3-2, 4-2, 5-2, = (NO PLAY), 6-2 = (1*), 7-2 = (2*), 8-2 = (3*), 9-2 = (4*), 10-2 = (5*), 11-2 = (6*), 12-2 = (7*), 13-2 = (8*), 14-2 = (9*), 15-2 = (10*), 16-2 = (11*)

3-3, 4-3, 5-, 6-3, = (NO PLAY), 7-3 = (1*), 8-3 = (2*), 9-3 = (3*), 10-3 = (4*), 11-3 = (5*), 12-3 = (6*), 13-3 = (7*), 14-3 = (8*), 15-3 = (9*)

4-4, 5-4, 6-4, 7-4 = (NO PLAY), 8-4 = (1*), 9-4= (2*), 10-4 = (3*), 11-4 = (4*), 12-4 = (5*), 13-4 = (6*), 14-4 = (7*)

5-5, 6-5, 7-5, 8-5, 9-5, = (NO PLAY)...10-5 = (1*), 11-5 = (2*), and so on

6-6, 7-6, 8-6, 9-6, 10-6, 11-6, 12-6, = (NO PLAY) 13-6 = (1*), 14-6 = (2*) and so on

7-7, 8-7, 9-7, 10-7, 11-7, 12-7, 12-7, 13-7, 14-7, 15-7, = (NO PLAY), 16-7 = (1*) and so on...

This should help answer a lot of questons...This can be refined a little better by using 1/2 units, but thats way to hard to keep up with..

The Kapt
    Last edited by Kaptain; 04-14-2005, 08:04 AM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Kapt,

Only 1 question. When someone is on the other side of a play, you take off 3*??? Is that correct? Where did you come up with that? Thanks buddy.

Comment

Rj

Originally posted by RJeremy
      Kapt,

Only 1 question. When someone is on the other side of a play, you take off 3*??? Is that correct? Where did you come up with that? Thanks buddy.
      Just another of the Kaptains "K" factors...Was trying to figure out a percent to use (in favor of) and it mathematicly came out closest to 3, to start off with...Rounded off...I didn't want to get into fractions, 1/4-1/2-3/4 etc....

Basicly it boils down between 75-80 % being for, sometimes less, it also gives credit to the capper opposite consensus....

Don't really know why I did it that way, was trying to balance it out with Majority, while giving credits due to Minority posts...

It can be refined in more detail, but thats an ordeal...Lets see how it works out....

Thanks for the inquiry, and your input, and remember this "you can't ever slow down or stop an Engineers mind---good or bad", our reputation has always been damn good with figures, but lacking common sense....

Thats how things get invented... the Kapt
      Last edited by Kaptain; 04-14-2005, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I have no clue what you guys our talking about. I thought you simply added up everyones POD's and the team with the most selections is the POD for the ship. I really could careless how we do it, the picks keep on winning and that works for me.

Another useless thread by a vet....lol ha ha
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Dime

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
          I have no clue what you guys our talking about. I thought you simply added up everyones POD's and the team with the most selections is the POD for the ship. I really could careless how we do it, the picks keep on winning and that works for me.

Another useless thread by a vet....lol ha ha
          Dime---let the Kapt tell you why we dont do it this way...Team A playing team B, Team C playing team D...lets say the picks went this way...

A 9
          B 8..with A having the most picks for the day

C 7
          D 0..

9 cappers on A, 8 on B, even though A had the most picks for the day, only has a difference favoring one side by 1....too close..

7 cappers on C, and 0 on D, means a difference of 7---pretty strong difference....Consensu says take team C for the play of the day...

Not necessarily the team with the most picks, but the team with the highest differential, becomes the POD..

Thanks, as always, for the input, and you've done quite well in the Kruise Picks....the Kapt

Comment

I can just picture the smoke coming out of his ears now!!!!!!

Comment

Remember the three R's:
              Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                I have no clue what you guys our talking about. I thought you simply added up everyones POD's and the team with the most selections is the POD for the ship. I'll just keep stealing all of my plays from the other better cappers around here, and maybe I'll catch RJ's record.
                Thanks for sharing Bry.
                "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Working...
                X