Tony Bruno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Bruno

Found this article about where Tony Bruno went. I loved the Tony Bruno show on Fox in the morning, but it sucks now with Van Earl Wright and his fake radio voice.

March 25, 2005 E-mail story Print Most E-Mailed

Larry Stewart:
    TV-Radio

Bruno's Return Could Be KMPC's Ticket to Success

Tony Bruno is returning to L.A. sports talk radio. Beginning April 4, he'll be the host of the morning show on KMPC (1540).

Mark Willard, who took over when Roger Lodge left the station in a salary dispute two months ago, will be Bruno's co-host.

The plan is to begin syndicating Bruno's show on the Sporting News radio network in three to four months.

Bruno, whose syndicated Fox Sports radio network morning show was heard in L.A. on XTRA Sports, left that job in August.

As for the reason he left, Bruno said, "They wanted to cut my pay."

He was replaced by Van Earl Wright.

Bruno said he has had other job offers over the last six months, but he wanted to stay in Los Angeles.

He said with KMPC in the process of beefing up its signal, he believes the station is making a commitment to compete in L.A. sports talk wars.

KMPC, which bills itself as "The Ticket," has never even shown up in an Arbitron ratings book, despite having USC football. The station has always been a distant third behind L.A.'s two other sports talk stations — Clear Channel's XTRA Sports (570) and ESPN's KSPN (710).

XTRA Sports switched its lineup from 690 and 1150 to KLAC's 570 signal on Feb. 3. Officially, the call letters are still KLAC, but the station bills itself as XTRA Sports.

"The feeling has always been that KMPC was the sports station that wouldn't survive," Bruno said. "I think XTRA might be the station that doesn't survive."

Asked to respond, Don Martin, XTRA's general manager, simply said, "Tony is a friend and I wish him the best. I was one of the first to call him and congratulate him on the new job."

Posted record as of 03/12/08:

NBA 35-33 -.22 units
    NCAA Basketball 12-14-1 -3.08 units

Last edited by wayne1218; 04-06-2005, 10:56 PM.

Comment

thanks!!!

Comment

Another night of BS that Wayne has to deal with.

Comment

thanks for the update. I live in Dallas and loved listening to him as well....Van Earl Spare is just not the same so I am now relegated to Mike and Mike in the morning....

Comment

Last edited by wayne1218; 04-06-2005, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uke
              thanks for the update. I live in Dallas and loved listening to him as well....Van Earl Spare is just not the same so I am now relegated to Mike and Mike in the morning....
              So you can't stand Dunham and Miller and sidekick Gordo in the Ticket in Dallas?
              I'm 5-11" or 6-2" depending on which convenience store I'm coming out of.

Comment

Hey mncapper thanks for posting .I used to listen to Tony when he started in Philly and then picked him up out there in LA .Glad to see he is making a come back
                Thanks
                2005 MLB Team Ball Champ
                2005 NASCAR Surivor Champ

Comment

Working...
                X