No announcement yet.

Rivera blows another save vs. Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO it's a combination a few things. First, Rivera has faced the sox a lot the past few years. Second, he's getting older. Third and mostly the Sox now know he's HITTABLE. Confidence in the most important factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
      i know buddy! i just can't imagine if my teams won three championships in the same year! must be great!!!!
      NY had 3 champions. Not quite the same year.

68/69 Jets vs. Baltimore
      69 Mets vs. Baltimore
      69/70 Knicks vs LA

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
        NY had 3 champions. Not quite the same year.

68/69 Jets vs. Baltimore
        69 Mets vs. Baltimore
        69/70 Knicks vs LA

10 years before my time. plus I root for the Yanks, Dolphins, Magic, and UConn so the chances of me seeing 3 of the 4 win are slim at best. As you know, I have seen the Yanks and Uconn win multiple titles but was too young to remember the Phins last venture to SB and the magic's last visit to the final was '95. hopefully, I will see the Phins win one before I leave this Earth

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
          IMO it's a combination a few things. First, Rivera has faced the sox a lot the past few years. Second, he's getting older. Third and mostly the Sox now know he's HITTABLE. Confidence in the most important factor.
          totally agree Frank!

Comment

Hey lots of bandwagon fans enjoy a champion every season in all sports.

I had an ex-employee that was like that. A few years ago he suddenly became a Tampa Buc and Laker fan.

Comment

Tony, Ricky Williams really fucked you guys. They have a good coach but they are also in an all around tough division. The Yanks and Uconn always give you a good shot at 2, but the Magic..... I don't know! My other 2 favorite teams are the Boston Bruins in the lost NHL and the Michigan Wolverines in football (Always good but that early season loss always kills them). I've been to the Dean Dome in Carolina and i'm truly a long time fan. I've never visited any other College Hoops Arena. The Boston Teams are obvious reasons (N.E.), and Michigan, i grew up loving their uniforms and colors as a kid and they were always on T.V.! :D

Comment

wayne.............ricky set the franchise back BIG time last year. I have always love the yankees, magic, dolphins, hurricanes and uconn in CBB, now in CFB as well. grew up liking the yanks in the late 80's, early 90's b/c of guys like Steve Sax, Mel Hall, Jimmy Key. went to my first game in '88 and was hooked (I was 8). became a dolphin fan b/c my grandmother loved dan marino, and i came too as well. like uconn b/c of the state connection and the hurricanes b/c of the dolphin connection plus i thought the fatigues and the trash talking was cool when i was little. don't really know why i like the magic. liked them when they first came into the NBA and probably b/c i never really liked the NBA before that.

Comment

Who stole mariano Rivera and inserted BK Kim??

PS Gay rod is an awesome fielder
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Frank, agree except that he is getting old. Don't think age has anything to do with it...if it did, he would be failing against all teams and if you look at his '04 numbers, they were some of his best. Just a matter of one team having his number...it happened to Pedro....
                    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Tony that's funny! I've always liked the Hurricanes too and they are the only team besides Michigan that i cheer for (not counting wagers)!

Comment

mariano rivera = bradton looper
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                          mariano rivera = bradton looper

10dimeBry = moosh

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas

10dimeBry = my best friend

Thanks buddy
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

The reason Mo Rivera is so ineffective is because he is no longer on the cream. Once he went off the juice. he like giambi will turn to shit.
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                                The reason Mo Rivera is so ineffective is because he is no longer on the cream. Once he went off the juice. he like giambi will turn to shit.
                                AHHA!! I always thought he was on Brylcreem

Comment

Working...
                                X