rick pitino choked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rick pitino choked!

how can you stay in a zone against a team that keeps hitting 3's. I figured he learned his lesson against w vir. They were non agressive the whole game . they deserve to lose because they played with no balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have bet Louisville. Pitino explained his reasoning. The guys a great coach. He was beat by a better team and he knew it.

Comment

Actually they did play with balls did you see some of the drives that o'bannon took he was hammered...myles also had a tough game getting pounded by augustine...it just that the better team won...the w virg. game was a totally diff. game then this in that game w virg played a different defense then the illini which basically gave the cards room to run in..bruce webber coached his team to perfection and petino coached his team to their best but the better players were on the illini
      Dan
      Quitters Never Win, Winners Will NEVER Quit

Comment

Originally posted by jaguilar
        how can you stay in a zone against a team that keeps hitting 3's. I figured he learned his lesson against w vir. They were non agressive the whole game . they deserve to lose because they played with no balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he finally get in? I missed a couple minutes of the game. I can't believe they put Pitino in!!!! WOW!!!!

Comment

Many times i wished the Knicks woulda taken Clyde Frazier out of his announcer's chair for MSG and put him in at point guard!
          "That ain't working, that's the way you do it... get your money for nothing and your picks for free"

Comment

yes i took louisville, but if you have coached basketball before you would understand. It is common sense that if the other team is hitting their 3's you have to switch to a man to man. Otherwise you have gaps in you will keep giving them open looks. I give illinois credit for this. They had never taken that many threes before this year.

Comment

frank and sustain good points. Rjrmey and phonepool i can tell you don't know anything about basketball.

Comment

yes i took louisville, but if you have coached basketball before you would understand. It is common sense that if the other team is hitting their 3's you have to switch to a man to man. Otherwise you have gaps in you will keep giving them open looks. I give illinois credit for this. They had never taken that many threes before this year.
                If you listened to the post game comments by Pitino, he said that Louisville could not play man to man because they were out matched. That's why hw stayed in zone!

Comment

Pitino in his post game interview stated he knew his team could not play ILL. man to man
                  Last edited by frankb03; 04-02-2005, 09:43 PM.

Comment

didn't catch that part frank and chuck

Comment

illy shot the shit out of the ball.....seems like they didn't miss in the 2nd half.

Comment

sure illinois was the better team it just seemed to me like lou was a little hesitant and was relying to much on the outside shot also. Ill was hot in the 2nd phantom

Comment

frank and sustain good points. Rjrmey and phonepool i can tell you don't know anything about basketball.

that is TRUE, i don't know anything about it!

Comment

No -- He Got Outcoached And The Much Better Team Won

Comment

I've never seen a team handle and move the ball like Illinois did last night. It was fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X