Are the Yanks a Cinch to Win It All?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Yanks a Cinch to Win It All?

Judging be the odds posted on various teams to win the World Series, it appears that they shouldn't bother to even play the season.
    Yanks are 2-1, Red Sox are 6-1;there are 5 teams between 10-1 and 20-1, and then everyone else,most of whom appear to have no chance if odds are accurate.
    I know Yankees are good, but come on 2-1, no way.
    Also, although I am a huge Sox diehard, I don't believe they deserve to be rated second;they are going to have to get remarkable performances out of the new pitchers as well as a great offense to be a serious contender.
    Plunk down a few bucks on some of those other teams whom you feel will be in it;with some of the high odds posted ,you won't have to wager very much to get a nice payout, and it will give you teams to cheer for every day(except if you bet against them).
    Last edited by savage1; 04-01-2005, 10:49 PM.

What the ????? Massive Marlins Mania! Sox fan thinking they are something they are not after they pulled it out of their ass last season. Disturbing!!!!!

Comment

savage someone must be high. Yanks aint winning it all this year. NL team is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy overdue. Bank on it

My $$$ are already on Florida & Cubs
      Last edited by 10DimeBry; 04-01-2005, 10:50 PM.
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Superzero-Reread my post;I left out a word in error the first time;Personally I would put Sox odds at about 10-1.

Comment

Savage, I am with you bro. No way 2-1 yankees. That is absurd for baseball, but vegas knows the narrow-minded yankee fans will load them up. Sox 10-1 seems a little low in my feeble opinion. Really hard to repeat but huge boston crowd will bet with its pride and not with its wallet. What kind of odds do you think I can get if I take every one else against those 2? In particular I like the Marlins and especially the Angles.

Comment

SuperZero-My offshores don't have field bets against Sox and Yankees to win WS;perhaps there are some who do.
            Personally I think your choices along with those of 10Dime are great bets;I might play them myself.
            GL

Comment

Yankees 2-1 is a joke. They serious issues on their pitching staff. New pitchers who must prove themselves on the ultimate stage. I don't care what they've done in the past, NY is different. Johnson gettin' up their in age. What will Pavano do on this stage in the toughest division in Baseball? Kevin Brown is a DL waitin' to happen. Unfortunately I have him on my FLB team in a league w/ shrewd owners. Rivera has some health issues. Who will be the lefty in the pen to get that tough left hander out. Giambi? Lineup is nice if healthy all year. Big if! Even so, good pitchin' beats good hittin' on most every day. BoSox will win that division and O's will push them for second place. I think the Angels might be a good value bet on winning it all. Nice lineup and they will have better starting pitching than people think. Their bullpen will be one of the best in baseball so they really only need 5 to 6 innings out of their starters on most nights. And they have the best manager in baseball. Would love to see him manage in the NL where real managing decisions are required on a nightly basis. As far as ex players managing, catchers make the best managers. No position player understands the game better.
              Last edited by HOKIE BIRD; 04-02-2005, 02:12 AM.
              "33"

Comment

There's no value in the Yankees, and the Red Sox will not repeat even though I expect them to be a wildcard. I'm going with the St.Louis Cardinals at 10/1. They should win their division with no problem, and I just believe this team is overdue.

Comment

savage, don't be sucked in!

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
                    savage, don't be sucked in!
                    RJeremy-What teams are you going to put your money on for a season bet?
                    Do you really think Sox have a chance? I personally think that although I didn't care for Pedro's surly attitude, one has to admit he will be missed not only because he is a great pitcher but because there will be much more pressure on the other pitchers now;Lowe's post season performances not withstanding, I don't consider his loss that big a deal as he was very erratic during the regular season.
                    The pitchng staff as it stands now based on many factors especially age and health, I would rate as adequate but far from great, and full of uncertainties and certainly not better than that of a number of teams.
                    The offense seems solid but whether they can duplicate their efforts (Ramirez and Ortiz) remains to be seen.
                    I hope I am wrong, but in short, at this juncture I don't feel that they should be rated second in the odds to win the WS(believe if they had not won it all last year and say had been eliminated by Yanks, they would be rated in the middle of the pack) any more than Ny should be almost a prohibitive favorite at 2-1.

Comment

Personally I Think Atlanta is going to be pretty strong depending on how there pitching holds up! That's the wild card in baseball is how healthy a team is at the end of the season!

Comment

Working...
                      X