10* alert.....thursday.......3 huge games. 2 others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10* alert.....thursday.......3 huge games. 2 others

I thought for sure my conference tourney GOY ( i know how much you guys love that term) would be today but i am taking a shot that 1 team wins (see below) today which will make my GOY tomorrow......we will see.either way, i still LOVE 3 games thursday

10* BC (-5) vs West virginia---->the thing that makes conference tourney week so hard is that with teams in the tournament, there is no guarantee they show up, some basically lose intentionally (i.e. st. josephs last year, florida/arizona almost every year, i could go on).......BC however, will definitely show up and whereas i loved west virg. vs. providence; their win, + notre dames loss probably has them breathing a little easier against a BC team who is not going to lose in the 1st round of the tourney.if they get beat , it will be by a better team and west virginia is not that team

10* Fsu (+8) vs. Nc state--->i will be honest, when i posted earlier today, i had this pegged as the conference tourney GOY, but i was hoping the line would be 10+, so there is no real line value.....however, there is no way this psychotic nc state team can just get over that wake forest loss, and with wake forest looming next and the paul/hodge incidenct getting all this attention, maybe nc state looks past fsu?? fsu is not as bad as their record, they actually quit after their 2 brutal losses to georgia tech......i assume they will come to play in the tourney because they are actually wll-coached, and would not be suprised if they win......my favorite angle of playing conference tourney games is to bet against the teams on the bubble if it sets up right, like notre dame, like houston, , like nc state

10* Stanford (-2.5) vs Washington state---->ok, i am pretty sure stanford is in so they can relax instead of playing tight against this painful-to-watch washington state team......wash. state has beaten stanford 2 times this year, giving us some line value too......the more talented team should win this by more than a few points, and thankfully we will not have to watch washington state , who posted a 37-36 win earlier this season anymore til next year

others:
    10* Utep (-5) vs hawaii--->the line here scares me because it should be 15,,,,i guess it is 5 because, well i have no idea why......hawaii isnt that good, utep is very good, and although utep is on the bubble, which i hate , they are far superior to this hawaii team who has done nothing positive in a couple months.........hopefully we will see a utep-nevada final

10* Colorado (+9.5) vs Texas--->texas has been the anti-pacific for me and i will say now, IF they win this game, oklahoma state will be my GOY even if the line is 35.....colorado would have been in the huge play category if not for the fact that in their last home game, where like 3000 people showed up, they rooted for the away team (iowa state) , leaving this team in total disarray and a coach publicly apologizing for the teams poor performance this year (patton really did that)..........however, i have heard a couple interviews with rick barnes and my years of doing this tells me that if you read between the lines of what he says, he really wants this texas team to rest, and they need it.......not to mention, coming off that emotional win at ok. state, now knowing they are a lock for the big dance, they have zero incentive to show up.......lets just hope they win so ok state can blow them to pieces tomorrow

good luck
    b

also may take penn state on the theory that ohio state may not give their best either after illinois win, but psu is so bad i cant do it........did somebody here really start a thread titled "st. bonnies plus the points was a good bet'? i am not making fun of the person that did that, but st. bonny was something special this year, i cannot remember a team that bad

your logic makes alot of sense in the fla. st. game.. i really like stanford

Comment

GL shorty!
      Everybody dies, but not everyone lives.

Comment

Good luck Shortman.... thanks for the early post!
        "That ain't working, that's the way you do it... get your money for nothing and your picks for free"

Comment

Have no fear, Shorty on your UTEP play. There is extreme value in the number, given that Hawaii just blew out S.J. st.. Out here locally, the press is pumping how Hawaii is in a win or die situation. And how they just barely lost to them(UTEP) twice this year, by 4pts @ home(7.5 ats) and by 1pt @ UTEP(but covered the number by 9.5).
          This is a game when you gotta dig deep and play with heart, and you all know how I feel about this teams heart! Throw in the fact that they have this reputation of choking when it counts..... lay it!!
          Goodluck tommorrow with this one as well as all the rest of your plays!!
          "Sometimes it's not what you play, but what you don't play."

Comment

Shorty-Could you please give me your opinion on the Maryland/Clemson and the Buffalo/Toledo games;if you had to bet them, who would you pick and why?
            Obviously I have opinions but would like yours, as you follow this stuff much closer than I do.
            thanks

Comment

Shortman

Thanks for the TENS.
              Good Luck1
              UTEP makes perfect sense.

Comment

GL to ya Shorty...kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

short meister

ahoy there matey-aye-may the winds of fate be with yous today-headed over to the love boat to open up poker room-i believes we got 2 aces up our sleeves today and may a red-headed lusty wench bed you down tonight matey..dive dive-sub chung foo.. :uzi: :crazyeye:
                  DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

shorty, I am trailing you on Stanford. That looks like the best of the bunch. Thanks and GL.

Comment

I think part of the reason UTEP is only -5 is that Riley Wallace and the Warriors usually play pretty tough when the WAC Tournament rolls around. GL, Shorty.

Comment

Good Luck Shorty
                        Remember the three R's:
                        Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

good luck SHORTY!!!!

Comment

GL Shorty!

Comment

stay hot, my friend.....taking another chance on the Longhorns I see! What happened to the promise you made yourself about no more Texas games?

Looks like it's in the same bucket as when I told myself, "that's it, I'm done gambling".....4 or 5 times this year!

Go get 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X