Feb 28 NCAA Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb 28 NCAA Hoops

Sunday's plays limped in with a 3-4 record. Mixed results saw giant eggs laid by Xavier, Florida State, and Ohio State. On the positive side of the ledger, UCLA, Wright State, and Oklahoma State all proved to be solid plays. The swing game on the Tarheels went south down the stretch with Maryland canning huge threes in their upset bid. For the week, a profit was made and I am looking for that positive vibe to carry through to the action tonight.

On what is to be the final "Big Monday" of the college hoops season, I hope to find sucess with the action listed below. Going with a variety of situations for a variety of reasons, most notably because I like their chance of sucess. Bouncing back should occur with wagers on the following:

Illinois State +2
    In their matchup with Creighton tonight, I am looking at two very similar teams. Similar in both their stats, and in their styles of play. Creighton has amassed an 8-5 ATS record in its road tilts, while Ill State holds an identical 8-5 mark in front of the friendly masses. Taking the pair of points in a game I see no reason the home town team shouldn't be able to win.

Northern Iowa +5
    According to my power ratings, this number is simply too high. No. Iowa has a slightly better overall rating, and factoring in home court, this game should be closer to a pick than its current posted number of five. Additionally, the Shockers have done nothing but shock their home wagering home fans in disgust posting only a 3-8 ATS mark while in their midst. Meanwhile, No. Iowa has stayed in the money on the road with a 6-5 ATS mark. Taking the points in what should be a highly competitive game that could go SU either way.

Drexel -10.5
    Not since the days of Malik Rose and their first road tournament win has Drexel had a shot at making any noise. While they must win their conference tournament to advance, that is certainly not out of the realm of possibilty. Contrast that to a Towson team that has amassed a record of 5-22 SU, and 8-12 ATS. Towson has covered in 5 of their 9 home tilts, but I'm looking them slip back to .500 in that category after they play this game. Drexel has a very solid 9-5 ATS mark on the road, and playing one of the nation's worst teams should allow them to roll up a number in this one. Lay the points and feel good about it.

Southern Illinois -5.5
    Redbirds appear headed back to the NCAA tourney again, as they have accumulated 24 wins this season. They are taking on the cellar dwelling Indiana State Sycamores (Larry Bird is probably ashamed), in a game that S Ill will not lose. Only positives for Ind State are their ATS marks of 15-9 overall, and 7-5 at home, but even those numbers will not help them in this game. I am taking S Ill in this game and I fully expect the first place team in the conference to cover a middling single digit number against the last place team in the Missouri Valley.

Air Force -2.5
    Up in the air, into the wild blue yonder, flying high into the sky. The Air Force academy has actually put together a decent campaign, and has earned itself a berth in the NIT. Tonight, they try to add a road win to their resume as they face an Aztec team that has struggled all season long to a 10-15 record. Hoping the following numbers hold up in this game: Air Force 5-3 ATS on the road / San Diego State 1-8 ATS at home. Like the disciplined, methodical style of Air Force here over the undisciplined Steve Fisher coached team tonight. Hell, the coach is probably hitting the crack pipe with the players....just joking Steve. Air Force won the first game, and while the Aztecs would love to take revenge, they don't have what it takes to do so.

GOOD LUCK!!!

King T

King T Sports Handicapping Service

www.KingTSports.net

gl on your plays tonight KingT
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

GL to ya tonight King T...kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

not busting balls, but So. Ill are salukis. this is the 2nd post i saw them called redbirds.
        I'm w/ you on No Iowa & air force for the same reasons. Afraid of a hot Creighton team w/ revenge. GL

Comment

Originally posted by rxpert
          not busting balls, but So. Ill are salukis. this is the 2nd post i saw them called redbirds.
          I'm w/ you on No Iowa & air force for the same reasons. Afraid of a hot Creighton team w/ revenge. GL
          If S. Illinois doesn't win tonight, they will be called "dead" birds, and neither one of you will be right.

Comment

GL tonight KingT

Comment

thanks for the editing.....i was half asleep when i wrote my analysis. now im confused like hell....who are the redbirds...ill state? i pride myself in knowing nicknames....from the lumberjacks of n arizona to the blue hens of delaware...lol

drexel missed the number, and i thought to myself....how can a far superior team not blow them out. went and checked the box....drexel was 21-36 from the line. 15 missed ft's will get you everytime.....towson 12-15 from the stripe.

need both remaining games to turn a profit....got my fingers crossed.

King T Sports Handicapping Service

www.KingTSports.net

Comment

Working...
              X