No announcement yet.

Reality check for those playing the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank-I think it will happen some day in spite of the risks involed.
    Did you ever think that some players have been paid and /or intimidated by the MOB not to speak when they were thinking of doing so? This is a little different than the steroid issue, as money, the MOB and their implications are involved.
    Last edited by savage1; 02-28-2005, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I can guarentee you that the Mob has nothing to do with fixes.
      Quitters Never Win, Winners Will NEVER Quit

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
        Frank-I think it will happen some day in spite of the risks involed.
        Did you ever think that some players have been paid and /or intimidated by the MOB not to speak when they were thinking of doing so? This is a little different than the steroid issue, as money, the MOB and their implications are involved.
        WHEN? When will it happen? Gamblers have been betting on NBA games for over 25 years.

MOB? They have a fraction of their power and intimidation they had a generation ago. Reading all these threads about games being fixed one would think there were dozens involved? Not a select few.

Comment

Originally posted by SustainDan
          AGREED

Comment

Originally posted by SustainDan
            Maybe not the MOB per se;I was using the term loosely and referring to bookmakers many of whom are tied to organized crime.
            I think that is as it is likely that there are attempts to fix some games as it is likely that some marketmakers control/manipulate stocks(that is a certainty).
            My feelings above do not keep me from investing in the market as I am a long term player for the most part or betting the NBA EXCEPT for games involving the Lakers, which I think is the most crooked team of all.
            Last edited by savage1; 02-28-2005, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X