Reality check for those playing the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality check for those playing the NBA

I don't believe in my 30+ years of watching the NBA have I ever seen as many teams that flat out play ZERO defense. Nada. Not a f-ing second of it, especially the Western Conference. The quality of basketball is appalling. If not for gambling (and losing) on NBA games, I would pay absolutely NO ATTENTION to this league. The players (esp. the Western Conf.) are all f-ing spoiled bums who only want to run up and down the f-ing court shooting the split second they are within 20 feet of the goal. Some of them are a player away from collapse (Phoenix), others have significant talent (Orlando, Minnesota) that can't get out of each other's way, some just don't give a shit if they win or lose (Clippers). I could go on and on, but it makes me ill to think they sorry sacks of dogshit are making millions of dollars playing as individuals in a (so-called) "team" sport. On top of that, I would speculate that a number of these bums are on the take and fixing games for organized crime. The league just stinks. I wish there were more teams like San Antonio, Miami and Philly who play hard every night, win or lose. You can bet on one thing, no team from the West has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the Western Conference over San Antonio. And the East likely belongs to Detroit or maybe Miami.

Thanks for indulging me in my tirade. :angryfire

Hey David Stern, here's a message for you:

Great post and all so true.
    Anyone who doesn't think some of the players are on the take and that some of the games are not controlled by the mob is living in a fantasy world.

Comment

just curious, but what makes you think the games are controlled by the mob, how would they go about controlling it? through the refs? coaches telling their team to slow the game down/ speed it up? players?

I don't know, if players were relayed information to do certain things throughout a game, don't you think someone would eventually break and tell others about how corrupt the NBA is? I mean I'm sure they're getting paid off, but things get around one way or another.
      "If you don't risk anything you risk even more."
      -Erica Jong

Comment

Ive always said this league will be in trouble someday like hockey is now...They all want the street cred...you watch an Nba game and then watch a college game...The Nba is soooooooooooooooo boring, now some teams play hard, thats b/c they have a good coach...NOne of them shoot very well and all try to be the same player...ie..a slasher and dunker while none play D or shoot the mid-range jumper, or beetter yer Free Throws....why do you think the OLD schools players say publicly that they think it stinks??
        jordanrules..................

Comment

Please not another game fixing thread. College players might shave points. I'd say the chance of the pro game being fixed is very slim. They make too much money.

I love betting on the NBA. I like the sport of basketball very little. I watch ZERO NBA games. I check the game scores. The next day I check the box scores to see how teams won and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
            Please not another game fixing thread. College players might shave points. I'd say the chance of the pro game being fixed is very slim. They make too much money.

I love betting on the NBA. I like the sport of basketball very little. I watch ZERO NBA games. I check the game scores. The next day I check the box scores to see how teams won and lost.
            wasn't going to write it but glad you did.

Comment

NBA is to unpredictable. I have seen 8 point favorites down 25 at the half and win by 15. Awful.. I 100% agree with spicolli. The NBA is all about young players who didn't pay their dues and have no fundamental skils what-so-ever!! Case-n-point, we lost in the olympics....AGAIN!!

You never know what player will play hard because they know they have millions in the bank and could care less!!

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
                Ive always said this league will be in trouble someday like hockey is now...They all want the street cred...you watch an Nba game and then watch a college game...The Nba is soooooooooooooooo boring, now some teams play hard, thats b/c they have a good coach...NOne of them shoot very well and all try to be the same player...ie..a slasher and dunker while none play D or shoot the mid-range jumper, or beetter yer Free Throws....why do you think the OLD schools players say publicly that they think it stinks??
                I find this post comical.

The NBA is boring? Scoring is way up. After years of low scoring defensive games the fans are getting what they want.

None of the shoot very well? Once again scoring is way up. Enough said.

As I've said in my previous post. I don't watch any games. I find it hard to believe with all the scoring the games are boring.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman1
                  I have seen 8 point favorites down 25 at the half and win by 15.
                  It's been this way for as long as I remember. If my team is losing big in the 1st quarter I'm glad. When my team is winning big is when I'm scared.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                    It's been this way for as long as I remember. If my team is losing big in the 1st quarter I'm glad. When my team is winning big is when I'm scared.
                    exactly! also how is the NBA worse off with more scoring. for years everyone bitched about how tough the D was. guess it depends on whether you win or lose the bet.

Comment

Frank-if you DID watch some of the games, I think you might change your opinions about "controlled games." Just watch some of the mysterious shit that goes on.
                      Although I respect your opinion about NBA players making too much money to worry about trying to fix a game, you are using YOUR mentality.
                      Remember-some of these guys aren't too bright, DON'T think like you and are susceptible to deals with the underworld/organized crime,because some of them have been associated with these types of persons growing up and don't change that fast.
                      As I have said before, why do wealthy players shoplift, steal things out of Jeter's locker, etc. Is it about money? I don't think so;it is the mentality of some of the players.
                      Also, remember after money comes power, and I can easily envison some of these players delighting in trying to control a pointspread or a total to help out the underworld. jmho.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
                        exactly! also how is the NBA worse off with more scoring. for years everyone bitched about how tough the D was. guess it depends on whether you win or lose the bet.
                        TV, its always about the result of you bet.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                          Frank-if you DID watch some of the games, I think you might change your opinions about "controlled games." Just watch some of the mysterious shit that goes on.
                          Although I respect your opinion about NBA players making too much money to worry about trying to fix a game, you are using YOUR mentality.
                          Remember-some of these guys aren't too bright, DON'T think like you and are susceptible to deals with the underworld/organized crime,because some of them have been associated with these types of persons growing up and don't change that fast.
                          As I have said before, why do wealthy players shoplift, steal things out of Jeter's locker, etc. Is it about money? I don't think so;it is the mentality of some of the players.
                          Also, remember after money comes power, and I can easily envison some of these players delighting in trying to control a pointspread or a total to help out the underworld. jmho.
                          Savage, you and I always disagree about this topic. I compare this topic to Balco. With players from all sport using steroids eventually a player would sing to make money for a book.

Gamblers have been screaming fix for decades. If the fix was on why hasn't any play come forward. You'd think at least one player would come forward after retirement to make a buck. There's many players that lost their millions after retirement and are broke. Why haven't they squealed if the fix was on????

With the electronic technology of today don't you think a camera or microphone would have picked up any hint of a conversation if the fix was on?

Comment

Frank,
                            I need and will follow your picks. I suck. Not implicating any teams, but some of the garbage that's displayed in this league really makes me wonder what is up.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spiccoli
                              Frank,
                              I need and will follow your picks. I suck. Not implicating any teams, but some of the garbage that's displayed in this league really makes me wonder what is up.

Thanks
                              I'll agree that some play really don't care. They're not playing for the love of the game. It's about the money

Comment

Working...
                              X