Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[/B]systems that look good till you post them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [/B]systems that look good till you post them!

Have you see this happen, you come up with a system that looks and wins good the first week, then you post it up and
    ALL HELL BREAKS!!! :angryfire

I have one that is running about 76% all this week, I had 6 games I was going to post, but got to the computer to late.
    the great thing was that I did not post it becouse
    ALL THE FUCKN GAMES LOST!!!!!!!

I will see what games I come up with tonight, my luck they will make me look bad.

I feel sorry for people that do not drink!
    Becouse when they wake up,
    thats as good as they are going to feel all day!

Can't do any worse then my own plays the last two days.

Just post them and see how it goes. You never know :D :D
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Betting games is similar to the stock market. It has its corrections. There's no way anyone can consistently win over 60%. For about a month before I started posting my games my win% on side NBA was better than 65%. Since I've started posting. 57%. I knew I'd have a cold spell. There's no way you'd continue to hit 76%. On Tuesday many members had a great night. Wednesday night many member took a beating. EXPECT IT.

One of the biggest key to successful betting is riding out the cold streaks. Reduce your bet amounts until the cold spell ends. When I started posting my NBA plays most of my plays were 5*. Now most of my plays are 2*. They well remain at that level until I feel my capping makes a turn. LEARN to accept loses. A bettor can't win every bet. Read the threads here. Sometimes the whining about a loss makes me laugh. Some players expect to win EVERY bet. A player can make LOTS of $$$$ hitting 55%. Hitting 55% means losing 45%.

Comment

I think the primary reason bettors 'Chase' is they are too emotional. They haven't learned to accept loses.

Comment

Frank-you make a great analogy with the stock market.
          I would take it a step further and add that when everyone starts talking about a system and everyone starts playing it because it has done well, that is exactly the time they system will go into the toilet for a little while anyways.
          In the market same thing-when stock is rising, everyone is screaming about it, etc. that is precisely when the run is over and stock will go down at least temporarily.
          ps Believe me I speak from many painful experiences in the market.
          Last edited by savage1; 02-25-2005, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
            Betting games is similar to the stock market. It has its corrections. There's no way anyone can consistently win over 60%. For about a month before I started posting my games my win% on side NBA was better than 65%. Since I've started posting. 57%. I knew I'd have a cold spell. There's no way you'd continue to hit 76%. On Tuesday many members had a great night. Wednesday night many member took a beating. EXPECT IT.

One of the biggest key to successful betting is riding out the cold streaks. Reduce your bet amounts until the cold spell ends. When I started posting my NBA plays most of my plays were 5*. Now most of my plays are 2*. They well remain at that level until I feel my capping makes a turn. LEARN to accept loses. A bettor can't win every bet. Read the threads here. Sometimes the whining about a loss makes me laugh. Some players expect to win EVERY bet. A player can make LOTS of $$$$ hitting 55%. Hitting 55% means losing 45%.
            agree frank. < If I win every games I will rule the world...>

Comment

FrankB

Well Spoken

Let me add that the very root cause as to why most gamblers fail ... undercapitalization. Think about it ... scared money ... makes a bettor settle for a small profit when he's hot as a pistol and should be knocking the crap out of the books .... makes a bettor chase losses because he's afraid to pay in a given week.

More often than not someone who's scared and stuck $1,500 with 1 or 2 days left in his week ( " I just want to try to get even " ) will turn his gloom into a $4-5,000 doom rather than just accept the fact he had a bad week and must pay.

Everything has got to be in place for a gambler to be successful ... plenty of dough , a tremendous amount of self esteem , enormous self discipline, physically and mentally fit , family harmony , and on and on and on .

God this is depressing ... I have some of these blessings but not all. lol .. I'd better stop here.

Comment

ps it works the other way too;As anyone who reads the stock section knows, I have an ungoing thread about Wellstone Filters;the symbol is wlsf.
                Well, I have done well with this stock but it has done poorly of late for no reason I see.
                Therefore I bought some yesterday at .66 and more today at .71;it is now back to .80.
                This is opposite of above scenario-when everyone says a stock sucks and sells for no real reason, it is precisely the time to jump back in.

Comment

Originally posted by CoverBoy
                  Well Spoken

Let me add that the very root cause as to why most gamblers fail ... undercapitalization. Think about it ... scared money ... makes a bettor settle for a small profit when he's hot as a pistol and should be knocking the crap out of the books .... makes a bettor chase losses because he's afraid to pay in a given week.

More often than not someone who's scared and stuck $1,500 with 1 or 2 days left in his week ( " I just want to try to get even " ) will turn his gloom into a $4-5,000 doom rather than just accept the fact he had a bad week and must pay.

Everything has got to be in place for a gambler to be successful ... plenty of dough , a tremendous amount of self esteem , enormous self discipline, physically and mentally fit , family harmony , and on and on and on .

God this is depressing ... I have some of these blessings but not all. lol .. I'd better stop here.
                  Frank and Coverboy,

Your both right on the money. I myself see me doing the something.

When I lose I push to make it back and lose more.

When I have a huge day. I know I should take a day or two off but I'm stupid and play anyway and lose half of the winnings if not all or more right back.

Its a hard game and really tough at times. You think you have a edge and your right back where you started or behind.

Great thread guys and thinks for the info. Hopefully I will remember this the next time it happens.
                  1 of 1 Morons

Comment

just thought that this would be a great thred to start. I know that I can not win them all, it just pisses me off when you think you have an advantiage, and BAMMM!
                    YOU GET SMAKED IN THE FACE!!!
                    I love this shit!!!!!!!!!
                    I will always keep the fight going!
                    like you said, you can't win them all, but sometime you hope for that winning edge
                    I feel sorry for people that do not drink!
                    Becouse when they wake up,
                    thats as good as they are going to feel all day!

Comment

Savvy

So true - How many times have we seen where an NFL team has a poor ATS record in the first half of the season and looks so miserable that all of the public is staying away from them . That's PRECISELY when they should be on them. Profits will be made now that we will be getting the best of it from the linesmaker.

And when a team has done very well ATS first half of the season - and everyone is on them - it's generally the time to get off them - profits have been made. People will be paying Rolls Royce prices for a Lincoln.

5-6 years ago remember a company called Metromedia Fibre Network ? ( MFNX ) I got in fairly early on the advice of my Godfather. As it turns out I went to college many years ago with the owner. I bought at 25 . Well I told all my friends to get a piece. Some got in early ... most didnt. I sold at 75 AFTER 3 splits. I set the goal at 75 and that was it . And I didn't care for 1 minute how much more I could have made. I retired a few months after my transactions. Yes I did leave some on the table but I had exactly what I wanted. I can't believe that some of the same people were first buying it at 75 - 80 - all the way up to $100. I begged them not to buy at that price. Everyone was in a frenzy over this company. In a short time the company went completely south ( as did many of the tech stocks ) and was merely worth pennies.

Looking back I grabbed it when relatively few wanted it and sold it when everyone was crazy over buying it.

So you are Absolutely Right Savvy - there are very distinct parallels between the Stock Market and Sports Betting.
                      Last edited by CoverBoy; 02-25-2005, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer
                        When I have a huge day. I know I should take a day or two off but I'm stupid and play anyway and lose half of the winnings if not all or more right back.
                        I disagree with this statement. I think you should continue playing. However, don't change your wager amounts.

Sport bettors should take a day or two off when they are cold. I took about 10 days off late December into early January. I barely followed sports. It allowed me to come back fresh and with a clear perspective.

What I love about internet gambling? It makes it harder to chase. You can't chase what you don't have in your off-shore account. I won't max out my credit card chasing. It's enabled me to adhere to strict money management. I'm betting with 'real' money. In the past when I used a bookie it was easier to chase.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                          I won't max out my credit card chasing. It's enabled me to adhere to strict money management. I'm betting with 'real' money. In the past when I used a bookie it was easier to chase.

Totally agree with you. It is a lot easiler. You can only lose whats in your account. Not like Locals with amounts down then you pay.

Thinks for the info on the winning Frank I will follow that information :D
                          1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                            I would take it a step further and add that when everyone starts talking about a system and everyone starts playing it because it has done well, that is exactly the time they system will go into the toilet for a little while anyways.
                            I agree with this statement. That is why I never reveal any of my systems.

As Coverboy can attest. I am a system play. He's the only one on earth that knows most of my systems. The systems are not simple systems such as play against a road team with no rest after a road win last night.

Some of my systems are extremely complex. I spend hours each day looking for an edge. I have some systems that have been active over 250 games with a win% about 60% over 10+ years. I don't believe these systems will ever even out. Another system has been active over 350 games. During that stretch that system has hit just under 60%.

I don't use team trends. I do believe team trends even out. Team personal changes. The trends get 'published' all over the web. Vegas makes adjustments.
                            Last edited by frankb03; 02-25-2005, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Coverboy-that was a great story ,and I am glad it had a haapy ending for you.
                              My story with not such a happy ending is that 5 or 6 years ago I loaded up on a stock, actv(iatv is symbol, and it was involved with interactive tv) ) prior to internet bubble and started buying at around $4.
                              To make a long short I added to position, traded it along the way and watched it go to $50;I was up over $200000K and was warned by my father(he has since passed away and he was VERY astute in the market) to sell part if not all of it;I didn't listen.
                              The people who I thought were knowledgable on the stock chatboards said $50 was just the tip of the iceberg and that the stock might go well into hundreds.
                              Like a fool I believed and then watched stock plummet down to a fraction of what it was ( a few bucks or so);I sold some but lost most of my profit because I was greedy and thought the so-called experts were more savvy(sorry-had to use that word) than my father, who made a lot of money in the market during his life.
                              Over the long haul and at my age I won't miss the money, but I did learn a valuable lesson about what to believe and whom to believe or not to believe.
                              That is one of reasons I post my thoughts here(some might say it is a crusade) when it comes to sports services and their claims;if I reach only a few newbies, I feel I have acccomplished at least a little bit.
                              Last edited by savage1; 02-25-2005, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X